[Chapter 2, When the moon is full.]

It was a full moon this night and I asked mother if I could sleep in my woods tonight. I had plans but I had to make sure no-one would be there or interrupt me that time, so night was the best.

Over the last four years since coming into this world, I had grown used by now to my good eyes, I had no trouble seeing in the dark. But the big problem was getting to what my parents had actually given to me as my own property at night.

As surprised as I was myself, both mommy and dad decided the plot of land they had bought all that time ago when I was young would be better off in my hands. And with that the entire span of forest the local government had added to that.

They were aware the forest had begun thriving since I began 'playing there' as they had explained to the townsfolk if they asked why I was always in there. Since they themselves did not want my magic practice time to be revealed to the town they tried to keep it on a low profile for me.

Truth being, I'm quite proud that I was able to use a protective spell that required quite a few material items in my old world, and have it work so flawlessly here without any of the materials. I had set up a spell to protect the forest from anyone whom I did not allow or want in it.

I had devised the spell so that I would know of anyone who entered, and my parents were the only ones so far I had given permission to enter without the spell placing extensive tracking on them. It simply could not block anyone from entering, I wasn't versed enough in this world's magic for that yet.

It was useful having twenty years of experience with protective and healing magic in my old world and now being able to use it like this.

I was able to heal my own injuries quite effortlessly. I was still a kid here so why not go wild to fit it occasionally.

I was apparently a lot more studious now than I was before. More curious etcetera but the best part was a whole other part of it.

One I would soon find out. And also one that would get me banned from my forest for a while in a time when I needed to be there the most.

It was about a half year after the official transition of ownership of the forest from my parents to me but it was still awesome in my eyes.

I was in my usual clearing; the largest one I had prepared for my magic. And the big shock would have been to any other than someone who had died from a lightning strike, gotten to meet a God right after that and then being reborn into a world where you are a wolf person, for me it was a wow-moment and I just got happy from it. But any other than me in this situation, especially those who knew the beasts of this world more closely would have ran for their lives, or so I discovered when I got home.

As I sat in the center of the clearing, I felt my barrier being passed by a large creature. She had no ill intentions but there was more. 'She?', how did I even know that whatever had just passed through my barrier was a woman. Was my barrier that well-built?

No wait, this was different from people, this was an animal. Or at least I call her an animal, but she is officially categorized as a 'magic beast'. The term refers to a creature that often has a higher intelligence and is far more powerful than any other animal their size. And this one felt in panic, but not hostile.

I knew I had to help. Even if that meant I had to do a few dangerous things in here. Such as approach a magic beast.

Most kids my age would challenge each other only to see the other flinch at the thought of having to get as close to a magic beast as I did this day.

I was able to sense she was coming straight for the clearing where I was. And from the edge of trees in front of me, I saw a surprising creature step forward. A wolf, although she was small, I could tell from her magical aura that she was a dire wolf. And in poor condition on top of that.