Chapter 30, A Goddess drops by.

[Padge's perspective]

"Orinya, please bring the lunch and prepare the kettle." Alyssa called and our maid came running into the field. We had already laid out a large sheet to sit on during breaks and right now Alina sat leaning back against Luna's chest.

It really is surprising how fast she adapted to the many wolves in town... I thought as Alina was nuzzled by the large wolf.

A soft giggle escaped her as she hugged the large wolf head.

While we sat eating our lunch, I kept a steady 'eye' out for Alina's magic.

Just to get a grasp on how she fared after her insane discharge.

It seemed like little difference in quantity, only quality seemed a little lacking compared to how her mana felt before.

Still somehow, little Lina's magic was so potent that a simple first tier spell like «Light Sphere» wound up like a far more powerful spell.

I'd almost think she had cast it using a mana amount similar to it being tier two, or potentially even three.

"Lina, after we've eaten I want you to cast a simple spell. I want to see something I've been wondering about. Okay?" I asked and with an excited nod the girl took another bite from her sandwich.

Surprisingly enough, Orinya was a good cook.

And that much could be told from the breakfast we had this morning and now the lunch.

So far they were simple enough meals. But she did make them with the ease of a seasoned cook.

It was when I had Alina try a bit harder on her magic for my test that my suspicions were confirmed.

"«From flames born, a sphere of flaming destruction, Fireball!»" Alina cast the spell and unlike my own soccer ball sized ball of flames I could hurl, Alina threw what was not a Third Tier spell, «Fireball». But more akin the Seventh Tier «Grounded Meteor».

An explosion that scared the birds out of the city and sent all the winter wolves howling at the sky erupted where Alina had thrown her 'fireball'.

"Eeeeek!"

Her pitched scream at the deafening explosion and chorus of howling drew my immediate attention and I kneeled in front of Alina.

"S-s-sor-r-ry... Alina not used to casting s-s-pells..." The girl sat whimpering her apologies, but I simply took her into my arms, a warm hug that seemed to startle her.

"...Eep..." A soft squeal came from her mouth as I pulled the trembling girl closer.

"This is what I wanted to confirm. You can say that you have so much mana that it becomes difficult to manage it in small amounts. A simple spell grows immensely in your hands Lina. That's a gift in magic on its own." I told her and the girl gazed up at me with watery eyes.

I saw Alyssa kneel next to me and press a motherly kiss on Alina's forehead.

"Lina, we need to know how your magic works if we are to help you. Sorry if this scared you. But we do need to know this. We'll work on your mana control for now. Okay?" She said and the shocked look in Alina's eyes was worth the world.

A mix between being unable to believe what was going on and being happy with the way it went... and a little bit of confusion mixed in somewhere. But luckily she was pleased with how things turned out.

At the end of the afternoon, when the fifth bell began tolling we left the spell park and I told Alyssa to bring Alina home and told Orinya to get started on dinner.