VOL.2 [Chapter 38, The first days of spring. Holiday, commence!]

[Author's note]

If you like my work, please consider joining my Patreon for early releases for Wattpad and the fully edited books, Ebooks are already available and I need the funding to get Physical copies out, there are tiers for every series I have and an all-in-one bundle for my ebooks.

If you join my Patreon, you would help me out greatly in sustaining my writing up to a professional degree, I have the goal of selling my books and sharing the unedited versions here in Wattpad has helped me a great deal in getting my works known and out there, but as every author, I wish to make a living with doing what I love, creating stories for the world to enjoy while keeping myself fed with an income from it.

You can find my Patreon at www.patreon.com/padgevanderklift

If you want a fun chat, my discord is open for all Wattpad members as well, only the general chat and the rules are available, but feel free to join us at https://discord.gg/w66GDsg

[Alyssa's perspective]

I had spent the past weeks preparing for our trip to the beach. For three weeks, we had the massive mansion and private beach of the Agral Empress to ourselves.

The past few days, Alina and I had gone by the Searching Blossom repeatedly, making sure our clothing for the holiday was up-to-par for both Agral fashion standards and the Agral weather.

Padge had already taken care of his clothing, although it had turned out extremely simple.

He got rid of all the ornamentation on his clothing and left only the bare minimum for modesty.

But in those short pants and the short sleeved shirt of broken white, he did look really handsome. That was one thing Pomae and I had agreed upon readily.

Right now, we had packed our stuff we needed, Valkyries stood ready with us in the palace garden and were the ones carrying most of our belongings for us.

Padge stood next to me, holding Alina's hand while I cradled Matthew in my arms.

Just behind us, stood Pomae, her left hoof rapidly clacking on the stone pavement in her nervousness as she stood strangling her pink stuffed kitsune.

She seemed to be a girl at heart and had yet to see the hardships that forced me and Padge to age a lot faster mentally. But she was still a good girl.

She had my blessing to marry Padge as his concubine. All that she had left to do was win his heart.

"Shall we?" Padge addressed us all and I nodded determinedly.

He had told us all that the space we had to traverse was a very unpleasant one.

He also agreed to soothe Matthew once we got out of it.

"Valkyries, once the portal opens, start moving through and do not, I repeat do not stop moving until you are out the other end, I would hate to lose good men to the Abyss like that!" He addressed them firmly and the large group nodded full of determination.

With the ominous sounding chant for his spell behind us, the rift in space appeared once again and Padge gave the order to our Valkyries to move out.

And move they did, although they mostly carried our luggage at the moment, they marched into the portal in single file and seemed to keep moving.

When they had all entered, Padge looked from me to Alina and knelt before our daughter.

"Lina, if you're scared its okay to tell me now. I can carry you through if need be. But I can't once we're in there." He told her, asking one more time if she was certain she wanted to walk through herself.