VOL.2 [Chapter 37, Sleeping Beauty.]

[Author's note]

If you like my work, please consider joining my Patreon for early releases for Wattpad and the fully edited books, Ebooks are already available and I need the funding to get Physical copies out, there are tiers for every series I have and an all-in-one bundle for my ebooks.

If you join my Patreon, you would help me out greatly in sustaining my writing up to a professional degree, I have the goal of selling my books and sharing the unedited versions here in Wattpad has helped me a great deal in getting my works known and out there, but as every author, I wish to make a living with doing what I love, creating stories for the world to enjoy while keeping myself fed with an income from it.

You can find my Patreon at www.patreon.com/padgevanderklift

If you want a fun chat, my discord is open for all Wattpad members as well, only the general chat and the rules are available, but feel free to join us at https://discord.gg/w66GDsg

[Padge's perspective]

I sat in Pomae's private quarters that night.

I had told Alyssa she could get some sleep while I would remain watching over Pomae.

She had fainted in the hallway after overhearing me and Alyssa talking of my old life.

But right now, Alyssa had curled up in the chair she sat in, to my side.

Meanwhile, I was still amazed at how frilly and girly Pomae had decorated her room since she had arrived with us.

Pink chandeliers stood on several tables. She had frilly cushions on the chairs made of pink velvet.

The curtains before the windows of her room, were also pink. Her bedlinen were pink. She had even brought along a pink stuffed kitsune which seemed to have a place of honor in her bed.

Simply put, this room was all pink, or things that were not pink, had pink placed on them or in them.

Even I had no idea a girl's room could possibly hold this much pink.

All I could do; was read the book I had brought along to keep me busy while I waited for Pomae to wake up.

"I think I should try and wake her around this time." I muttered, taking my pocket watch out and looked at the sleeping girl.

"Ah, fuck this is so damned awkward." I whispered as I bent over Pomae and gently shook her.

No response.

A few gentle slaps on her cheeks.

No response.

"Well, what now?" I whispered, for some reason whispering as not to disturb the girl I was trying to wake.

"You could try a kiss." Alyssa said suddenly.

"Uwah!" I softly squealed as I was startled by her.

"What are you talking about... and weren't you asleep?"

"I was, but you know I've slept a lot lighter since I gave birth to Matthew." She replied to me and I cocked my head at her.

"But seriously, a kiss... this ain't no fairy tale!"

For some reason, Alyssa's remark had led to us now having a discussion in hushed, whispered shouts.

And then a whisper came from the door that was half open.

"Why are you whisper-shouting?"

It was Alina who was, for some reason, not in bed.

"Why aren't you in bed yet?" I asked her in whispers and Alina shrugged.