Epilogue

(The continuation from Prologue)

"So now you have become a professional photographer? That's impressive." Izaya brightly smiles, though I'm not sure if he really is amazed or just makes up a fake reaction.  "Do you bring your camera?"

"I'm here for a vacation," I answer shortly. My eyes examine the guy beside me right now who used to be my best friend. I don't know if I'm the only who thinks this or not but I feel like his fashion has becoming weirder than before. Maybe it's because of his long fur coat even though winter has passed two months ago. However, his face still hasn't changed at all, though his hair is a bit longer. Okay, I admit he looks more handsome now. 

"Then, are you staying at the hotel in here?" I nod after he asked. He continues, "How's your mum? I heard she moved to Hokkaido after you went to Kobe." 

I bitterly smile. "She passed away three years ago." A short time after I graduated, Mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer so I moved to Hokkaido to help her and spend more time with her. 

After she passed away, I started to hunt for a job and got accepted at a big company in Tokyo. There, I met a client that knows a lot about photography industry and decided to hire me as one of his photographers. I never expected my hobby would be my profession later. I quit my job, started working in his studio, and six months later I decided to be a full freelancer photographer. 

Being a photographer helped me a lot in decreasing the grief. 

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." His answer sounds more like a mere formal answer that we supposed to say to grieve people than sincere condolences. I can't believe befriending with Izaya makes me know a lot about him.

I nod. 

I haven't told you why I'm here, sitting in the park and chatting with this sly fox. After working non-stop since the work made me travel a lot, I decided to take a short vacation and visited Ikebukuro, the town that I have been avoided until now. Not only that I miss the town,  but I also miss my old friends. I miss every single thing from this city, except Izaya.

"Hey..."

I turn my head to Izaya who already stands from the bench while staring at me.

"Want to go to my apartment for a while?"

My eyes widened. What?

***

"I'm home, Namie-chan!"

I hear a groan from the other side of the room, and then followed by a woman's voice. "I thought you would be gone for a long time." The voice becomes louder as a figure slowly comes from the wall, revealing a female wearing a green turtleneck shirt and a pencil skirt. She has a long black hair and a taller height than mine. Who is she? 

She frowns when she finally notices me.

"Ah, she's my old friend." Izaya grabbed my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. "Since it's a special day, you can go home earlier today."

"Finally." The woman turns around and hurriedly walks to a sofa. She grabs her handbag while muttering something. I slightly hear a 'Seiji' word several times from her mouth.

"You're not going to ask who she is?" Izaya playfully asks her before she opens the door. His hand taps my shoulder, startles me.

The woman snorted. "Like I care." Then she walks out and closes the door. The beep sound then comes from the door, proving that the door has been locked.

I turn to Izaya. My eyebrows are lifted. "Who?"

"Ah, she's my assistant. I let her go today because I want to spend more time with you." Izaya takes off his coat and put it on the sofa. "Feel free to sit down."