Troublesome

Kaito's P.O.V.~

When tantei-kun finally calmed down, I started to take off my jacket to inspect my wound. The bullet may have grazed me but if I move to much I might bleed to death.

'I'll need stitches...'

"Um..." I look up to see tantei-kun looking at me with a worried frown while holding bandages and a small bottle of which I assume is ointment.

"Can you...?"

I get the hint and pull off my shirt trying not to show how much it hurts by just moving.

He then procedes to pull out a backpack out of nowhere and takes out a bottle of water then starts to wet some paper to clean some of the blood near my wound.

"You might need stitches," He mumbles.

"Are you worried about me, tantei-kun?"

"Yes..."
.
.
.
.
.
'That was surprising...'

"Without you, who would be able to come up with so many ways to steal a jewel from right under a detectives nose," He says, a smile in his eyes, blue orbs looking up and trying to see under my hat. We just look at each other before i pull my top hat down to make sure he doesn't see my face.

"Now now detective," I say with a mischevious grin. "Don't start falling for me and acting all cute or I might steal something else."

"Like that'll ever happen, stupid thief," he says before standing straight and finishing bandaging my wound.

"I'll be fine and thank you for worrying about me." I say while leaning against a tree and folding my jacket.

"So will you start answering my questions? Who was that guy? What does he want from you? Does he go to all your heists? Is he alone? What-"

"Breath tantei-kun, I can't answer when you look like you've seen a ghost." I say, interrupting his mumbling and I'm kinda concerned, he never acts like this...

When a few moments pass, he takes a few deep breaths then looks at me like I'm a species to analyze and nods a little.

"I can't tell you much but what I CAN tell you is that snake is dangerous and don't get near him... I don't need someone else dying..." I mumble the last part, not even making a sound.

When I look up, the little boy looks sad, tired... an empty look in his eyes.

'I don't like it...'

"Let's get you home, I don't want people thinking I KIDnapped you, get it?" I say standing up with a grin on my face.

Conan just gives me a are - you - KIDding - me? Look and I couldn't help restrain a laugh, (I'm pretty sure he suppressed a giggle).

'What a troublesome detective/thief...'