My last Heist

Shinichi's P.O.V.

Its been three months since Kaito started living with me. After his little show, he hasn't really made a move but rather been busy with his heists. I kinda understand since I've been busy with the FBI and the police force. We'll be graduating soon in May and starting university in September of next year. We are barely getting into December.

It seems like Kaito and I will probably go to the same university, the place is known for their law enforcement department and their talent department. Perfect for us.

Today is Friday, November 29, one more day before Christmas season.

"Shinichi~! Are you listening to me~?" Kaito asks as I look through some case files.

"Ah, sorry, please say it again." I say as I put my files down.

"Hmpf! Here." He says as he passes me a small card with his KID doodle.

"This is...?"

"My last heist."

I look at him in shock.

"What?" I ask surprised.

"This jewel, I've already went to scout it at night and... I found it." He says with the most saddest look in his eyes.

"I've already sent in an Advance notice and how this will be my last performance as KID." He says as he sits down on a chair in our shared office.

"Kaito."

"I can finally destroy it. I can avenge my dad. I kinda don't want to stop being KID though." He mumbles as he looks up to me with teary eyes.

"Once I've stolen the jewel though, I've become a true criminal and will have to keep a low profile." He continues.

"...who says I'll let you steal it?" I ask as he looks at me kind of shocked.

"I'm still a detective, right?"

".. .. ..yeah." he answers as he gives me a warm smile.

"Please catch me, Meitantei-kun."
____________
No one's P.O.V.

[This just in, the police have just reported that Kaitou KId, Kaitou 1412, has sent and advance notice today that is said to be his last. The jewel being %#$$$...]

"Wow, this heist will probably be your hardest." Haibara tells Kaito as they watch the T.V. while Shinichi talks to Megure over the phone.

"Yes, and probably the most exhilarating!" Kaito adds with a new glint in his eyes. Looking at how many fans of different ages are already there at the location. Famous people as well. Kaito's mom and Shinichi's parents have just arrived at Japan and are heading over there too.

Today is December 23, one day before Christmas eve. The day the heist will be held.

"*sight* Megure wants me over now, I'll see you there." Shinichi informs as he gives Kaito a kiss on the cheek.

When Shinichi finally left, Kaito starts rambling on how charming he is.

"So, how far have you two gone? Sonoko, Aoko, Akako, Kazuha, and even Ran are interested." Ai informs Kaito.

"And then they call me a pervert." Kaito mumbles with a pout.

". . .we haven't done anything since that heist." Kaito finally answer.

"Akako and I win." Ai says.

"Did you guys bet on it???" He asks, embarrassed and shocked at this new info.

"Well, who didn't?" Ai says as she starts to leave.

"....Good luck, KID."

"...Thanks."
________
Kaito's P.O.V.

[Botchama, all preparations are complete.]

"Thanks Jiji." I say as I'm already at the entrance of the building.

Many were cheering for me, I think I even saw Aoko cheer but I just wish it was to support me.

"A-RREST KID! A-RREST KID!" She chanted.

'Mean.'

I walk past them and head to the entrance already dressed as an officer.

"Ah, hurry up before they push themselves in!" An officer that is fending off the fangirls yells.

I enter.

After a while, I made it to the jewel's floor and of course, Shinichi was there.

"If anything, all we have to do is block the stair way and all exits. Knowing KID, he is already here, make sure no officer is in the jewel room and that there is only one exit/ entrance." He commanded all the officers near him.

Nakamori, who was there, was heated up for this. It is probably the last chance he'll get to catch me so it's understandable.

"ALRIGHT, YOU HEARD THE MAN, TO YOUR POSITIONS." He yells, same ol' Nakamori.

As they disperse, I walk over to Nakamori and touch his shoulder.

"Thank you for the fun game of tag." And I left him there, speechless.
____________

"Two more minutes!!!!" A passing by officer yells.

I had already gotten inside the jewel room through the vents and the first person I saw down there was that Hattori guy.

"THREE!!!" One could here the chant of the fans outside yell as the count down to midnight. Did I mention that today will be a full blue moon?

"TWO!!!" Ah, I had fun as KID, maybe I'll come back, maybe.

"ONE!!!!!!!"

Alright, Chase start!