Chapter 3 - You are coming with me!

Every woman's dream is that a man will take her in his arms,
Throw her into bed...
And clean the whole house while she sleep!!;)

                          ~trust_is_Venom

...

PEARL's P. O. V

"Shift him to ICU. Be careful and keep checking his vitals from time to time. "I said to the nurse assisting me.
Thankfully he has recovered but now he is temporarily in coma. But right now, I can feel the temperature of my body rising. It's nearly burning me. Not to mention the throbbing headache. My whole body is hurting by now. I think I seriously need rest now or I'd go in severe coma.
________________________________

#Flashback #

Previously I was going home when I got distracted by severe loud voices in the hall. There Dr. Gwen and a guy whom I don't know but whose crystal blue eyes had a strange pull in them, like some familiarity, nostalgia, something which was drawing me towards him, were arguing but what caught my attention was a patient, probably in seventies lying on a stretcher. Then I realised that Dr. Gwen was not letting him being operated so I jumped there. Of course I can't let anyone die if I can do anything in my power to save him. There, at that point my health didn't matter, someone's life was at stake. Though I was feeling a bit drowsy but I have to do it. With that determination I ignored Dr. Gwen, my falling health, everything.... My only concern was to save a life.

# Flashback ends #

__________________________________

Then I realised that guy, probably the patient's grandson must be worried till now. At that time he was looking very tired and frustrated but I really appreciate how he was fighting for his grandfather.

I should inform him, he must be waiting outside. With that, I changed or should I say removed my coat and gloves and headed towards the door. By now I'm feeling very very tired - no exhausted!!

My legs were giving up. I've to literally drag them to reach the door and my vision was also getting blur. I'm getting light headed. I guess my exhaustion is taking over my body. I shook my head twice to get rid of the dizziness... and I was successful although very little.

With great effort I opened the door and there I got a look of that man. He has dozed off. May be he was really tired. But I must say he was looking very cute while sleeping. A smile appeared on my face but it soon vanished when my headache worsened. I slightly shook his shoulders in order to wake him up.

His eyes snapped open which were filled with worries. He looked everywhere frantically but when his gaze settled on mine, he calmed down?

Oh yes! I'm a doctor. Why wouldn't he get relieved that the operation is over? Stupid me! I scolded myself mentally.

Then I realised he was staring at me with a smile.

Wait! Staring? Me? Continuously?

Oops!! He is expecting an answer. I need a check up from a psychiatrist. These days I m thinking a lot. He seems to be a good man why would he stare me for any other reason. I chided myself.

"Don't worry. He is fine now but his body needs time to recover so he is in temporary coma. He will recover soon. May be in 4-5 days he will be alright. Perfect and fit. " I said.

My voice was barely more than a whisper as my body is drained out without energy still I was smiling gently to reassure him. After analyzing me, he smiled too and that was a 1000 watt smile. He looks good when he smiles.