"It's not working here."

John's heart was pounding as they lie there on Sherlock's bed. John's hands were completely free on Sherlock's chest. John was kissing Sherlock like it was the end of the world as they knew it. Well, I'm a sense, it Waadt the end of something. It was supposed to be the end of their friendship, at least. John wanted to touch Sherlock so much, and after two years of watching the boy progress into his current body, it was basically an invitation for them to be doing this. John took off Sherlock's shirt to remove the restrictions of the clothing. John sat up straight to look as his eyes went wide. "Wow," John said as he took in all of the mark ups that he'd made on Sherlock. "Writing backwards?" John asked, pointing to beneath Sherlock's collarbones. "Oh, yeah. Just practice. You know, anything can happen." Sherlock said, sitting up slowly, bringing his hands to the sides to John's face to kiss him again. John could die here and the only thing he'd worry about was Sherlock would be sad. "Do you know how much time, how many nights were wasted?" John asked, "Before I left, I tried to kiss you. Why did you move away?" John's voice quivered as he played with Sherlock's hair. "I don't know. I large part of me wanted to kiss you, wanted to keep you for myself, and a smaller, but louder part of me was screaming, 'it's a prank!' Or that I'll get my heart broken later on." Sherlock said. "It's a good thing, too. Considering you kept a relationship with Molly under the rug from me for two years." John's hands tightened in Sherlock's scalp. "I've told you time and time again that I was dating Molly and that I loved her and that it might get serious." John said. "You just never listened to me!" He struggled to thee floor ungracefully and stood up. "I can't believe I even made that offer!" John said. Sherlock quickly stood up. "What? No, John. Don't leave," He said. "I can't believe I was actually even considering shagging." John's face was red and he felt like he was about to cry. The tears were there all he needed was to let them out. John put his hoodie back on and slung his bag over his shoulder. "I'm leaving." John said, slamming the door as Sherlock began walking toward him. John quickly went down the stairs and nodded to Mycroft and Greg, who were buttoning heir shirts again. "Hey, John." Greg said, "How was Jersey?" Sherlock stopped at the foot of the stairs and John turned. "It was lovely. I almost had a fiancée. She was smart and beautiful and funny and nice. But, she had a soulmate." John said, trying to choke back the tears, "Remind you of anyone?" He asked, turning to Sherlock, finally letting his tears rip streaks of hot salty drops down his cheeks as Sherlock furrowed his eyebrows and avert his eyes from John, admitting his defeat. John scoffed. "I knew it." He said, turning back to the door. "Have a nice life with Jim!" John said, opening the door and walking out.

  John walked to the edge of the street, when he pulled his hood up. He looked down at his feet as he walked. John saw his collarbone and the backwards writing on his skin. 'Oh, my God!' He thought, panicking. John stood there, silent on the side of the road. "Fuck!" He shouted, throwing his bag down. John kicked his bag onto the grass and then some. "IM SO STUPID!" John screamed. He had a tantrum for 15 minutes, then ran home to burn off any excess adrenaline, to no avail.

  "Hey, Jonny." David greeted with a warm smile. "Hi, how was your day? Oh, really? That's interesting; where's the FTM?" John said quickly, not very interested to hear what happened that day. "Uhh, What?" David asked, confused and worried. "Harry! Where is he/ she/ whatever!?" John rose his voice. "Uh, he's upstairs. John, are you-?" David started, but John wave him off as he climbed the stairs quickly. John knocked on the door. "Hey, Harry!" He shouted. "Come in," John heard from inside. John quickly opened the door and closed it once more. He looked around for Harry, but only heard movement in the bathroom. "Hey, Harry-!" John cut himself off as he saw Harry put out a finger as he stuck a syringe needle into his side and bit his lip as he pushed the substance into him. John watched silently, eyes wide with horror as Harry took the needle out and put it back I to a case. Harry sighed and smiled as he looked at John, pulling his shirt down from where he held the hem in between his teeth. "My Testosterone," He said, over exaggerating a deep voice. Hey laughed. "You look like Shit," Harry observed with a smirk. "No shit, Harry!" John chuckled. "This stays between the two of us, if I hear any murmuring at school, or that anyone found out about it, your Testosterone goes out my window, and straight in the bins." John threatened. "Is what you're about to tell me really all that important?" Harry died. John nodded. "What is it, then?" He asked, annoyed. "I'm Sherlock's soulmate."

"I thought you didn't have one," Harry recalled. "I thought so, too. Then, in Jersey, I got all of these." John took off his hoodie and shirt to reveal all of the writing. "Oof," Harry laughed. That's something, alright. And, how do you know that Sherlock did this?" He asked, wearing a knowing smirk. "He only did half. The other half is me responding. And, I know because today, I saw the marks. His and mine. Whatever he writes on his or my skin, it appears on mine, too. And, visa versa. At least, that's my theory." John explained, putting on his shirt again. "So, you took of his shirt, then?" Harry smirked. "I didn't say that," John stated, his face red from bashfulness. "Right. So, then. Naturally, Sherlock's Boyfriend took off his shirt in front of you?" Harry asked. "No!" John shouted. "Right. So the first one, then?" Harry said. John didn't say anything. "Okay, so. Does he know?" Harry asked. "I didn't even know until I stormed out of his house, wishing him and Jim a happy life together." John said. "An Oof. You gotta get your man back." Harry laughed. "Don't say it like that." John muttered. "Why don't you tell him?" John threw his hands out and grabbed his hair as if he were going to pull it out. "What am I supposed to say, Harry? Hey, Sherlock, I'm sorry about dissing you after we snogged the other day. By the way, I'm your soulmate and in two years from now, I'm going into the Military, only to come out and be a dead beat like my father, then hang myself."  John said, groaning as he pulled his hands slowly in front of his face and pressed them there. "John, you're not going." Harry said flatly. "What?" John removed his hands from his face and looked at Harry. "I said, 'you're not going. I saw what happened to dad and I will not let you do this!"

  Dinner was kind of awkward after that. Neither of them wanted to talk, but their aunt was insisting on conversation. "Fine! John and Sherlock almost shagged!" Harry shouted. John slammed his fists to the table. "Dammit, Harry!" He shouted. David cracked a smile and muttered, "finally," "that's it, after dinner, your T, out to the bins!" John growled. "Aunt 'Nissa!" Harry shouted. "John don't touch your brother's Testosterone!" He shouted. "Why not?! She broke he deal!" John shouted, pointing to Harry. "I'm not a fucking Girl!" He shouted, standing up. "I beg to bloody differ, mate!" John said through gritted teeth as he leaned in, staring Harry in the eye. "Guys, why don't we just sit and eat?" David asked nervously. "Shut up, David! I don't care if you're shagging Aunt Nelissa! Okay? I really don't, but get it straight, you will never be like a father to me!" John shouted, then excused himself from the table, taking his plate of food with him. John felt so alone. He took out a marker and drew a cartography line on his wrist with a space where a semicolon fit perfectly. He then continued to eat in silence, feeling the pressures of the walls close in on him.