Chapter Seven

It was when Roman's eyes fluttered open to an empty common room that he realized he had fallen asleep during the movie the night before. He frowned a little in disappointment as he noticed the lack of a kitten on his lap. He yawned, stretching as he stood up. 

I hope I didn't sleep that late, he thought, pulling out his phone. Oh it's only 11:30, that's not too late.

It suddenly dawned on him that he had intentions of speaking with Virgil. He'd almost forgotten that the anxious Side had been absent from movie night. Prince hurriedly headed toward his room, a small smile finding its way onto his face as he thought about him. 

The fanciful Side had missed Virgil's presence more than he realized, adding to his suspicions that he might be starting to develop a small crush on him. Perhaps it was just his concern for him being gone all day. When Roman got to his door, he knocked and called to the emo nightmare inside. "Hey Anxiety!" 

There was shuffling inside before the door was opened, a startled looking Virgil standing in the doorway. "Uh, yeah Princey?" he questioned, confused and curious as to what brought him here. "What do you need?"

"Nothing, I was just coming to check up on you," Roman said, flashing a smile. When the anxious Side looked even more confused, the prince elaborated. "You weren't seen yesterday, and you missed movie night. I wanted to make sure you were alright."

Realization dawned on Virgil as he nodded. "Oh, yeah, I'm fine, I was just busy," he explained, looking at his feet awkwardly. The creative Side immediately wanted to fix the tension between them.

"We missed you last night," he tried, smiling toward him as he looked up.

The anxious emo bunched his shoulders and sighed. "I'll be sure to apologize to the others for missing movie night-"

"Wait, the others?" Roman inquired, making him stop dead in his sentence. "Virgil, I missed you too, why did you assume I wasn't a part of the 'we missed you' statement?"

This question made Anxiety that much more uncomfortable. He hugged himself, avoiding the prince's gaze. "I'm just not used to you caring about me," he mumbled, earning a frown from him. 

"Well, you're about to!" the creative Side exclaimed, entering his room suddenly. Virgil's eyes went wide as he flashed another smile in his direction. "I want to spend time with you! Let's watch your favorite movie or something. Show me what you enjoy doing! Take me through a typical day of Anxiety Sanders."

He sat down on the bed, bouncing a little as Virgil turned to face him with wide shocked eyes. Roman frowned as he looked around. "Where's Storm?" he questioned before starting to call for him. 

"Storm?" Virgil asked, playing dumb as they pretended not the know what he was talking about. This was the difficult part; making sure you questioned the right things, and acted surprised for others. 

"Your little kitten! I came to see you yesterday, and was greeted by a little black kitten instead of you," the fanciful Side, oblivious as Virgil's face contorted with panic. What could he say about a kitten being found living in his room.

The anxious Side feigned looking as though he was surprised but making up some excuse as quickly as possible. "He likes to roam around the Imagination, you probably won't actually end up seeing him that much."

Roman tried not to be too disappointed, nodding before smiling again. He leapt up, conjuring several pillows and blankets. He began to build a structure out of them as he addressed Virgil. "Okay, now put on your favorite movie, I'm making a pillow fort."