3

Julie's pov

I woke up the next day from a very intense pain.I figured out that maybe its a sign that I am dying soon. I also kind of regret the way I spoke to Shira last night. She was trying to be friendly and I shouldn't have acted the way I did yesterday. So, I decided that I would make it up for her. I have only one day left, I have nothing to lose at the end. At least it would be good to leave a good memory with someone.

The nurse from the first day entered and as usual she had the same syringe that was filled with the same brownish yellow dose.

"Good morning Miss Peters." The nurse said before sitting on the bed next to me. She pulled up the white sleeve I was wearing and cleaned the spot on my arm to make sure it won't get infected when she injects.

I bit the inside of my cheeks from the pressure she was applying. I closed my eyes tightly and opened it when I felt her pull the syringe out, wiping the spot with a cotton piece.

"Today you should go out for Dr.Richards session and interact."

"Do I have to?" I asked annoyed knowing that I have to meet people unfortunately. Not just any people, Lunatics, maniacs, schizophrenics, psychopaths.

"Yes you have to, these are the rules here." she explained and I just nodded. She took my hand and helped me walk but I pulled away from her grip when I felt my self in no need of her support.

The hospital wasn't like the dirty ones or the gloomy ones we see in movies. It had light colors which are calming for the patients. The hospital was unexpectedly clean, so far no patient had bothered me or gave me an uneasy feeling.

"I should leave now, I am not allowed in here." the nurse informed before leaving. It was really uncomfortable standing alone with all these people around me.

When I looked at my left I saw a group of people smoking cigarettes and laughing hysterically, noted to myself to never get close to these patients. When I looked to my right I saw patients sitting on their tables and having their breakfast peacefully.

It's crazy how these people act sane when they are actually terrifying. They sometimes make me feel like sane people are the crazy ones not them.

But while scanning the room my eyes caught something that I haven't played since my father passed away. It was an old black piano and thank god no one was playing it.

I remember when I used to take piano classes and played it like an expert. My dad was my inspiration, he was the one that helped me with all my classes and made me practice with him but when he passed away my interest in playing the piano was lost and my mom didn't allow me to get a new one no matter how much I begged her to.

The last time I asked my mom to get me a new one she refused and when I mentioned how much dad loved me playing it she locked, it triggered her so much and she let her anger out on me.

It's crazy how this woman hates me.

I started walking towards it and opened the black lid of the piano. I sat on the piano bench and without hesitation I started playing my favorite chords. I was surprised that I still remembered how to play even after 6 years of not even touching a piano. I played with everything I had in me.

I played with my depression. The depression I had because of the love I had for a person who never deserved it.

I played with anger when I realized that I never had any real friends, that I have been used for everyone's needs my whole life.

I played with my love for my dad who was my everything.

Every single emotion in my body was pushing me to bring out the best of me. Letting the music produced by the black and white keys of the piano keyboard describe all my emotions.

When my eyes shifted from the piano to the room scanning it my eyes caught someone staring at me.

A guy that looked my age was sitting on a table next to a glass window. I couldn't really notice his features because he wasn't close to me.

But even though they weren't clear he looked very handsome. He was holding an art sketch and a pencil. Once he caught me looking at him a smile crept on his lips.

I smiled back but this time it wasn't a fake one. He closed the sketch and placed the pencil on it. He rested his elbow on the table and placed his chin on the palm of his hand while listening to the music being caused by the contact of my fingers with the keyboard.

I blushed and looked back at the piano. I was playing new chords that I didn't even realize I knew.

Was it love? Was it sadness ? Was it anger? Was it desperation of wanting something I couldn't have? Was it fear? Was it admiration or anticipation?

It was non of these. It was because I haven't felt happy in so long and just by a simple smile I felt something different.

I stopped playing when the bell rang signaling for us to go to Dr.Richards session.

When I looked at the guy who was listening to me while playing he smiled and clapped softly.

It's the small gesture of appreciation from him that made me truly happy on my last day here.
_____________

Hey guys thanks for reading, i really appreciate it. Whats your opinion about the book so far?