6

Evan's pov

It's the first time that I laid eyes on her, never seen anything so perfect. I thought to myself. Her blue eyes with a hint of grey when they met mine, I felt myself drowning into them, Her brunette hair that made her look like an absolute perfection along with the little freckles scattered on her face.

It's crazy, I have never been this attracted to a girl in such a short time. Sure, I had girlfriends before I came here but I have never felt attracted to them like her.

She is different from all of them.

But at the same time falling in love isn't one of my plans. I was obliged to enter this hospital by mom and dad. No offense, they love me so much and they have always been there for me but it's just they were worried about my mental state. I think they are worried about my past actions at home and thought this would be the best idea.

My mental state was horrible and nothing could make it better. I tried to commit suicide but unfortunately mom saved me. My doctor said a mental hospital would help but apparently it was failing to help,

But it didn't until I met her.

It's just stupid that they think I am in desperate need of help when All I want is to end this misery, my life. The pain that I am in is hurting, It's killing me.

What happened to me was enough. Not even a mountain can handle all of this.

There is no way in hell I am living after everything that happened.

The past year was very rough. The seconds felt like hours, the hours felt like days and the days felt like years.

I maybe cheerful and smiley but if you look deep into my soul you will find nothing.

Like they say, you never know what's behind a smile, every single one of them has a story.

Art was my escape. In the past year I locked myself alone and refused to talk to anybody. Art was my escape from all the worries, people, life and even my family.

I wanted to paint visions of paradise but my vision was blurry and everything was dead to my eyes.

My eyes shifted from my art sketch when I heard tapping on the table. I smiled when my eyes met hers. Her hair was raised up in a ponytail along with some strands that fell on her face, her blue eyes had that beautiful spark in them, her lips looked so soft and kissable, her face was glowing with those freckles.

God, she is breath taking.

She cleared her throat and I know she caught me staring. I can't blame myself.

"Mind if I join?" She asked nervously. I have never seen her eat when it's lunch time. She always played the piano and once she finished she would go back to the ward.

"Yeah sure" I invited her smiling and then she took a seat. I couldn't stop admiring her features.

"So what are you drawing? It looks like eyes" I didn't even notice that I didn't close the sketch.

I immediately closed it because I can't let anybody see it. Especially Julie.

"Nothing" I said and the smile on her face faded. I feel insecure about my art. When someone sees your art, it's like they are looking at your emotions. To me art is about expressing emotions.

It's almost like someone's personal diaries but instead of words describing your emotions, it's the colors and the lines drawn that describe it.

"I didn't mean to be rude, it's just-its just I don't really like my art" I explained.

"Don't worry I understand. Art is like your privacy and I can't invade your privacy."

I like this about her. She is not irritating. Other people would just keep begging me until I show it to them. I can't show her any of it now. When I trust her enough, I will definitely show it to her.

"So, where are you from?" I asked breaking the awkward silence "I am from Florida, originally born in Canada but I moved when I was three."

"What about you?" She asked taking a sip from her drink "Born and raised here." I answered.

When she placed her hand on the table I noticed a huge scar on her left shoulder. When she caught me looking at it she immediately changed her position trying to hide it. I could tell she felt uncomfortable.

I just ignored it. Like she said she won't invade my privacy. So I am going to do the same.

"Do you know how beautiful are you?"

Her cheeks turned dark red and she looked out the glass window hiding her red cheeks.

"You don't need to hide it."

She looked back at me and she was about to say something but a nurse interrupted us.

I hate this hospital.

"Miss Peters, you have a visitor." The nurse announced and my eyes shifted from her to Julie. The smile on Julie's face faded when the nurse mentioned the visitor. She had a very confused look on her face.

"Okay" Is all what she managed to say.

The nurse excused us before leaving. When my eyes met hers, they didn't have that sparkle in them anymore.

Her eyes were filled with fear.

"Hey it's going to be fine" I assured her and she just nodded "Thanks Evan."

Before walking away I grabbed her wrist softly. She looked at me confused waiting for me to speak.

"What is it Evan?"

"Cheer up pumpkin."