5

Julie's pov

I felt a suden sharp pain in my heart. I couldn't breathe. My eyes were opened but I still couldn't breathe. I felt horrified when I realized something,

It's time.

I am leaving this world. I hoped it wasn't this way but I chose to die this way. I hated seeing people dying with their eyes opened. It made me feel like I am going to be buried alive.

I started making heroic efforts to breathe but the air wouldn't go in. I was conscious of what was going on around me, I could see the colors, the shapes, I saw Shira and two nurses watching me.

I don't know what to feel right now. I wanted to die and just by a simple speech, I feel like I want another chance. Another chance to let myself live and improve and fix what other people broke in me.

Shira touched my arm to turn me around but I lost all my eye movements. As things started to be distant and blur suddenly the air rushed into my lungs.

My eyes fully opened and I rushed to the trash can. I started choking before I threw up everything that was in me. The food i ate, the drinks i drank,

Even the pills.

I leaned my back on the edge of the bed and started breathing heavily. The nurses and Shira were just staring at me shocked with what just happened. My clothes were stinky from the stains of vomit but I then realized something. I threw up the pills.

"I didn't die" I whispered to myself but it was loud enough for everybody to hear.

Now everything makes sense. They injected me two times a day to make it easy to throw up the pills.

Both the nurses helped me stand up. I was speechless. I felt emotionless. I had no plans for my life. It was all about killing myself. I felt that life was worth at the last minute.

Death isn't the solution for everything.

I took a shower and changed into new clean clothes. Shira helped me walk back to bed and she got me food. I didn't eat, I felt like I lost all senses.

She pulled the bed sheets over my body.
"I am sure god has a reason for all of this" Shira said grabbing my attention " Remember what I just said, he has a reason for all of this" she told me before leaving the room.

I kept thinking about everything that happened today trying to comprehend everything. I don't even know what am I living for but I guess Shira is right.

"God has a reason for all of this."

I slept for what seems like the longest time ever. I glanced at the clock hanging on the wall. It was 1:00 a.m. Nothing better than playing the piano late at night right?

I got out off the bed not caring about making the bed sheets since I am going to sleep again.

I felt no pain, It's like all the pain vanished. I entered the room that they call the "resting room" and saw someone sitting on the piano bench. The person wasn't facing me, he wasn't playing it. He was just sitting. He was the only person in the room.

"So you took over my piano?" I said sarcastically making the person jump.

"You scared me" His deep raspy voice said. He looked up at me finally his eyes met mine. His features are so perfect.

His light brown eyes met my blue ones, his lips looked very soft, his dark brown luscious locks looking very smooth and neat that I wanted to run my fingers through it.

His features are so perfect.

We admired each other for sometime not breaking eye contact.

He cleared his throat "I am Evan." he pulled out his hand for me to shake. "I am Julie." I shaked his hand.

"Yeah I know the pianist."

"Yeah well that's why you were waiting for me?" I asked making it sound like a joke.

"Actually yes I was waiting for you. You always play at this time."

I was shocked by his answer. I was just kidding but I can't lie I actually felt happy. Someone cares about me.

"Now would you please play some music?" He asked with pleading eyes, I chuckled at how cute he is.

Why is someone like him at a mental hospital?

I hope he is not a schizophrenic who is going to love me but then hate me. I hope he is not insane like other people here.

I hope he is just like me.

I sat on the piano bench and started playing. I decided to create new chords. This is going to be called "Happiness" because that's what I feel now,

Happiness.

This is also something for Evan, I can already tell he is going to be special to me. He seems really kind and generous.

I looked at him and saw him staring at me with a smile plastered on his face. He was listening to me and I could tell he was enjoying it.

Fingers hitting every key as I produced music that created the perfect harmony, harmony for this moment, I played for sometime until Adryan started messing with the piano keys making me stop. "That was awesome, you are really talented." he said and clapped softly.

"Why did you do that?" I asked "Because I wanted to talk to you."

"Well what is it?" I asked.

He licked his lips then played with his fingers nervously "It's just.......It's just I wanted to look at your beautiful face."

I blushed looking away because this is kind of embarrassing. "You look so cute when you blush."

"Thanks, but can you now stop flirting?" A soft chuckle escaped his lips "Okay I will stop flirting."

"Okay then, I will see you tomorrow." I said "Okay, it was nice meeting you."

"It was nice to meet you too, Evan. Goodnight."

"Goodnight Juls."

Maybe my theory about giving myself a chance one last time is starting to be right.