9

Julie's pov

Dr.Richards called me to see him the next day. I have never spoken to him and I only attended one of his sessions. Its true what Shira said that he makes the patients regret things and its a little boring.

Also a weird thing, I haven't seen Evan since yesterday after we had breakfast together which is not a habit of his because he would always sit by the glass window but today he wasn't.

I knocked the door before entering Dr.Richards office, I came in and closed the door still not facing him.

"Good morning Miss Peters." Dr.Richards pulled his hand out for me to shake and I kindly shook it. He gestured for me to take a seat and he did the same.

"So, Miss Peters do you know why are you here?"

Well you called me idiot "No" I answered ignoring my thoughts.

He clicks his pen ready to write something on the clipboard that he is holding "I am just going to ask you some questions and I want you to answer honestly." I nod my head a yes.

"Okay Miss.Peters, How did you end up here?"

I swallow hard ready to answer his question " I tried to commit suicide but my mother saved me and got me here hoping for a change, my attempt also failed since the pills weren't effective." I answered honestly as he wrote down my answer.

"Okay, Do you regret your attempt?"

"I do but not a lot really. I mean maybe if I had given myself a chance and chased my dream instead of giving up on it, probably I would have been in a better place."

Dr.Richards seemed impressed by my answers. Usually its hard to open up to someone but I feel pretty relieved talking to someone about my life.

"You know Miss.Peters, When we all dream and only a few of us chase their dreams, that makes cowards of us and I don't think you are coward. I heard you playing the piano and it was very impressive."

I could feel myself grinning when he complimented me. Dr.Richards isn't really that bad, He might seem like that but he is the complete opposite. He is such a sweet and an understanding person.

"So, Did you make any friends in here?"

"Yes, I did. Just Shira and Evan."

Dr.Richards's eyes widen when he heard my answer. He put his pen down and gave me his full attention. "Evan? How?"

"Is there something wrong with it?" I asked confused about his reaction.

"Miss Peters, that's impossible. I don't think someone told you but Evan is a really complicated person. He didn't talk to anybody since he came here, He doesn't attend my sessions and we forced him to get out of his room and was almost violent with some of the nurses."

This time i was the one confused and shocked not Dr.Richards. I talked to Evan a lot yesterday and we got closer but there is one thing, Evan didn't mention anything about his family which could be the reason why he is here.

"And why is that impossible?"

Dr.Richards ran his fingers through his hair before getting up and walking back and forth. He stopped and bent down and opened a drawer and took out a green file. He came back putting it on the desk and sat down again and started reading it.

"I would keep this confidential but the rule here is, if the patient is violent and gets close to anyone that person must know what they are getting into." he paused then continued.

"Full name Evan Wade. Age nineteen years old. Case committed suicide taking a handful of sedatives and he was saved at last minute. This led him to enter a mental hospital. Evan didn't mention the reason behind his attempt until now."

My heart dropped after what Dr.Richards said. Evan is always cheerful, what has gone so bad in his life that led him to commit? I was speechless. "Miss Peters are you okay?"

"Yeah I am fine. I just need some air." Dr.Richards nodded before I walked to the door to leave the office but i wanted to ask him about Evan because I didn't see him today.

I stopped by the door and looked back at Dr.Richards "Dr.Richards I guess you might know where Evan is."

"Oh yeah, Evan goes to the graveyard near the hospital every Friday. He is there now and he should be back soon."

I thanked him before leaving completely speechless after what I heard about Evan. Lost in my thoughts I don't even know why do I care about him. Maybe because he also cares about me or maybe something is attracting me towards him. I spend the rest of the day alone with no company. Shira is with her therapist most of the time and Evan still didn't show up.

Also, they said I am moving to a room tomorrow since I finished my treatment and all the pills are now out of my body. I glance at the clock hanging on the wall. Its 11:00 p.m the time I play piano as always. Hopefully when I go there i see Evan.

I enter the resting room and I felt a huge weigth being lifted off my shoulders when I saw Evan there holding the same art sketch. His eyes were bloodshot red, his cheeks looked very puffy and his hair was very messy.

From what he looks like, It seems like he was crying.

I opened the piano led and sat on the piano bench. I started playing some calming chords to get Evan's attention. I looked at Evan expecting him to be staring at me but he wasn't. His entire focus was on his sketch. I played for hours and still no sigh from Evan. His eyes didn't leave his sketch. It was 1 a.m now and we were the only two awake. I got tried of playing so I stopped and closed the piano led.

I didn't want to just walk away without saying something. I walked over to him and whispered good night before leaving.

He still didn't look at me.