Epilogue

Julie's pov

5 years later

In the past five years, I have improved a lot. Life is going pretty good right now and everything is in it's right place. I have accomplished a lot and I am proud of myself.

I left the hospital two months after Evan's death. I went back to my house and lived there alone. I was able to purchase a house for myself a year later when I made enough money. I am a pianist now and I love it. It was Evan's dream to see me a pianist and I am proud that I did something for him. Everytime I go up stage amd play the piano i remember Evan. Sometimes I imagine him watching me while playing.

And yes, I am single. Nobody is going to replace Evan or make me feel the same way Evan made me feel.

I knocked the door a little excited than usual my mum opened the door with a huge grin. She pulled me in her embrace.

I love her hugs.

"Hi Julie." My mum greeted me.

Oh I forgot to mention about my mum. Well she left rehab 3 years ago. She doesn't smoke or drink or do drugs anymore and I am proud of her.

I forgave her because she deserved a chance. I also did it for Evan.

"Hi mum" I greeted her and I tiptoed to look behind her "Hi Daniel, Hi Jason."

Daniel is my stepdad and Jason is his son. My mum got married to him two years ago. He was her therapist and they ended up falling in love with eachother. Daniel is such an amazing person and I am glad he married my mum.

Jason is really generous and I love his company. I have always wanted a brother and Jason is a really good one. He is 17 and asks for my advice a lot.

Daniel and Jason greeted me and I looked back at my mum. "Are you coming?" I asked her as I handed her the tickets "Of course I am" my mother smiled taking the tickets from me.

Awkward silence suddenly filled the place but my mother broke it.

"Should I tell Daniel to give you a ride?" Mum asked holding my hands and squeezing them "No mum thank you but I want to be alone."

My mum nodded before wrapping her arms around me "I am so proud of you and I am sure he is."

"I am proud of you too mum."

We were interrupted by Jason clearing his throat leaning against the door "I will leave you two alone" my mum before leaving.

"So what's up?" I asked. She looked up at me fiddling with his fingers nervously "I asked Vanessa out on a date and she said yes" he smiled proudly "Oh god finally Jason grew some bal-" he cut me off "Okay now stop."

"Okay, where are you taking her?" I asked.

" To your concert, tonight, so we can listen to you and dance there. I am sure she will love it and I also want her to meet you." Jason answered and I couldn't help but smile. we both hugged each other and I started walking away but Jason said something that i missed hearing so much.

"Goodbye Juls."

I looked back at him with a smile "Goodbye Jason."