8

Evan's pov

I couldn't help seeing her like this. She is always cheery and never showed any sad emotion. She is always happy but after what I saw, she is really broken.

It's so hard watching her like this. It reminds me of myself a year ago when I felt hopeless like her, I felt my heart being ripped out of my body, I felt like I was a walking dead body.

She was wrapped with blankets in my arms because she was literally shivering like crazy. I locked my arms around her body tightly and as soon as I did that she stopped shivering and fell asleep.

I couldn't fall asleep. I admired everything about her. She looked like an angel sleeping, The best part about sleeping is you feel like you are in heaven.

In another peaceful world.

No worries, no hate,no sadness, Just a peaceful world. You feel like you are a bird that has been locked in a cage. Once the cage is unlocked you feel free. That's exactly her right now. She was screaming out of pain and when she closed her eyes all of this vanished. She is now free.

Just like a bird out of a cage.

The sunlight hit my face and I still didn't sleep. Its so hard to sleep knowing that its a temporary feeling having her in my arms.

I wanted to enjoy each and every second of it even if it meant being exhausted after due to the lack of sleep.

I ran my fingers through her hair when I felt her shivering again. She opened her eyes slowly and forced a smile when she saw me. She scanned the room and turned around giving me a confused look.

"You are in my room, don't worry you are fine."

She nodded her head softly "sorry you had to see me like that yesterday" she looked away at the window embarrassed.

"Don't apologize, its fine" I rubbed her back assuring her that its fine.

"Thank you Evan, I don't know what I would had done without you especially in the way I was yesterday."

"No need." I paused "are you hungry?" I aaked her "Pancakes? I heard they have some here for breakfast." She said making it sound like a question.

"Yeah pancakes." I unwrapped my arms from her embrace and got up to fix my hair before leaving to get us breakfast.

Julie's P.O.V

I watch as Evan  leaves the room. I don't remember anything after he bought me inside from the rain. He is such an amazing person for what he did, At least someone cares about me.

His room was very neat. It was filled with paintings hanging around the room making it look really comforting and chilly. My eyes caught the art sketch that Evan always has with him.

I wanted to get up and explore the room and see his art but at the same time its non of my business.

"Fuck it." I mumbled to myself before getting off the bed. I opened the the art sketch and I was amazed by Evan's art. Its perfectly detailed that it looked very realistic. I flipped the page and my mouth nearly dropped.

Blue eyes that looked almost real, I couldn't believe it was a painting. I could tell it took him so long to make it look like this. I guess that's the same eyes i saw yesterday. I glanced at the title of the painting and it said,

"My paradise"

I put the sketch down closing it. My eyes shifted to the picture frame on some books.

It was a photo of Evan with a guy that looked exactly like him just a little different. Evan looked really happy in it and the same with the other guy. I guess it's his brother, maybe even a twin from how similar they looked next to each other.

I put the frame down where it was and thank god I did because Evan entered the room after that. I turned around to face him with a grin when I saw all the food he got me. "Thank you so much Evan."

"No problem pumpkin"

God this nickname is so cheesy but so freaking cute.

"Why do you call me pumpkin?" I asked taking the coffee from him "Because i love pumpkins and they are cute just like you."

I rolled my eyes sarcastically looking away hiding my red cheeks. He placed the rest of the food on the desk. We also exchanged little talks about eachother while eating.

"So, how old are you? Do you go to college or school?" I asked.

He took a sip of his coffee before answering. "I am nineteen and no I don't go to school. I used to do online school before I came here because I disliked going to school. Still not sure about what I want to major in.What about you?"

"Well I am eighteen and I am going to be nineteen in two weeks. I used to go to long valley school. Don't worry though I am not insane like the people here."

A small chuckle escaped his lips "Me too,
I mean we are all insane and if you say you are not then you are probably the only insane one out there."