Chapter 1

"The answer is 62.764." I say setting my pencil down on my paper.

"What? No, the answer is 92.582." Cristin says and turns to look at me. I furrow my eyebrows and look down at her paper to see how she got the answer.

"Oh, I see what you did. You didn't multiply by 3.14, then divide by 2.5." I say and look back up at her. She looks down at my paper for a second then over to hers.

"Ohhh, yeah that's what I did wrong." She shakes her head then erases something on her paper. She quickly fixes her mistake then sets her pencil down.

"Ugh, we're finally done." She says getting up and throwing herself on my bed. I push my glasses up with my finger and nod my head.

"Why do we even have math homework on the second to last day of school?" She says looking up at me then throwing her head back on the pillow.

"I'm really glad that tomorrow's the last day of school. I really can't take anymore of," I throw my hands up in the air.

"Everything." I breath out. She looks up then nods her head. Then stares at something for a bit. Then she looks at me again with a weird look.

"What?" I ask.

"I have an amazing idea." She says while sitting up, and scooting to the edge of the bed.

"Which is..." I say and motion for her to continue.

"What if... we have a glow up over the summer?" She says and I smile at her.

"I'm just kinda tired of being one of the biggest nerds in the school." She says.

"It's not just you, it's both of us. And having a glow up is a fricken great idea Cristin. Tomorrow is our last day as weird nerds." I say.

*Next Morning*

I turn off my alarm, then get up to the bathroom. I brush my teeth, then put my bands in ( I have braces ). I wash my face then walk back to my bedroom. I open my closet and pick out some clothes.

I finish by putting on my shoes then I grab my phone from my nightstand and put it in my backpocket

I finish by putting on my shoes then I grab my phone from my nightstand and put it in my backpocket. I grab my backpack, then walk down the stairs and to the kitchen.

"Good morning Mom." I say and smile at her. I put my backpack down on the floor, letting it lean on the bottom of  kitchen counter.

"Good morning honey." She says and smiles back. She pours her coffee in her cup then takes a sip. She grabs her purse then her keys.

"Ok sweety, I'll be leaving now." She says while opening the front door.

"Mom, you forgot your phone." I point to her phone on the kitchen counter. She shakes her head and chuckles slightly.

"I'm getting to old." She grabs her phone and puts it in her purse.

"Mom, you're only thirty eight. Old is like sixty years." She shrugs her shoulders. I wave at her and she waves back, then walks out the front door, closing it behind her.

Welp, now that I'm alone, I can play some music.

I grab my phone from my pocket then go to my playlist, pressing shuffle. I immediately start humming to Sunset Lover by Petit Biscuit.

~Play Song Now~

I love this song

I put my phone down on the counter and start to make myself some oatmeal. I reach up to open the cabinet and grab the box of oatmeal. I then pull out a pocket and pour the contents of the packet into a bowl. I walk over to the fridge and get the milk, and pour some into the bowl, then put it back in the fridge and close it. I put the box back in it's rightful spot. I then put in the bowl in the microwave for two minutes. I cut some strawberries and bananas as I wait for my oatmeal to finish heating up, still humming, and dancing a bit too, really excited that it's the last day of school.

Beep Beep Beep

I quickly open the microwave because I honestly think the sound is annoying.

Who doesn't.

I put the hot bowl down on the counter and add a bit more milk to let it cool down. I finish cutting up the strawberries and bananas and add them to the bowl, along with a couple of blueberries. I sit down on a stool and lean over the kitchen counter eating my oatmeal and scrolling through my phone. I do what almost everyone does and send streaks, scroll through Instagram, there's not much to see because I don't follow alot of people and I don't have much followers, and go on Pinterest for a bit. I set my phone down as I finish my oatmeal, I then get up and set my bowl down in the sink deciding to wash it later.

I'm too lazy.

I head over to where I set my bookbag down then fling it over my shoulder.

~Turn music off~

I grab my phone making sure that the volume is off and I check any last notifications I have, then put it in my backpocket. I look around and spot my glasses on the kitchen counter, and I quickly put them on. I push them up with my finger, relived that I can finally see clearly. I turn around and think of anything I might have forgotten, when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror from the living room. And I don't like it. My long brown hair is in a high ponytail with baby hairs everywhere. My huge glasses make it obvious that I'm a nerd. I have no makeup so I look gross. My braces make everything worse because it makes me look more like a nerd. Then there's my clothes. It looks like I didn't even try. I'm not the skinniest person either, so that's even worse.

This is the last time that I'm going to look like this.

I think to myself. I look away from the mirror, a bit in disgust then I walk out to Cristin who is waiting outside in her car.