Chapter 19

I lay on my bed scrolling though my phone. I should be going to bed considering that I have school in a few hours and it's one in the morning. My phone buzzes in my hand and it's a message from an unknown number.

Unknown:
hey haley, it's ethan.

Me:
Oh hey Ethan

Me:
What are you doing up so late?

Ethan:
I've just had a lot on my mind lately and I can't sleep

Me:
What's on your mind?

Ethan:
Uh, well remember when we were on the football field and I was going to ask you something?

Me:
yeah..?

Me:
Why?

My heart skips a beat. Is he finally going to ask me?

Ethan:
Well before I was interrupted by my asshole friend, I was going to ask if you maybe wanted to hang out

Me:
Where?

Ethan:
Idk

Ethan:
My house, or yours. Doesn't matter.

I huff. So he only wants to fuck. I feel a little disappointed to be honest. I was hoping maybe he wanted to go on a cute date or something. But I guess not. He's the same as his brother.

Me:
Ethan, if all you want is a quick fuck than I'm not interested.

Ethan:
No, that's not what I meant. We can watch a movie or if you dont want to do that we could go to the park and just walk around

Ethan:
Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like that.

I smile. I guess he's nothing like Grayson. I misjudged him.

Me:
oh, well if that's the case than ok. A walk in the park would be great

Me:
Or maybe a picnic. That would be cute

Ethan:
A picnic it is. How about i pick you up Saturday at 3?

Me:
Perfect. I can't wait!

Ethan:
Great! Good night babygirl💕

Me:
Good Night💙

I turn over and go under my blankets. Warmth surrounds me and I close my eyes, clutching my phone close to me. Ethans sweet smile in the back of my mind, and I think about everything that could happen on this date with him.

Maybe this date could be the start of something new. (IT FEELS SO RIGHT, TO BE HERE WITH YOUUUU OHHHH. Ok sorry, this sentence just reminds me of high school musical. I'll go now😂)