garden 『haiba』

[Name] fidgeted awkwardly, looking at the large wooden gate in front of her. They were opened and they revealed the large marketplace. It was bustling with customers, cheerily shopping. Taking a deep breath, she entered the walls of Nekoma.

Setting up her stall, [Name] sat awkwardly, waiting for customers to take notice of her. Sure enough, a couple customers came by, attracted by the rare jewels and exotic accessories. A young girl purchased a hair clip with three turquoise pearls on the  end. A man bought a rose gold ring with a yellow diamond shaped into a square.

As the day passed, more and more people purchased items from her stall, and honestly, [Name] didn't expect that much traffic, not that she was complaining. As evening fell on the kingdom, she began packing up, feeling satisfied with the amount she made.

"Oh, you're closing?" She looked up, surprised by the man. He was tall and was dressed in expensive clothes, but the most captivating part of him were his emerald-like eyes. He had a majestic air about him that entranced her.

"I—I am," [Name] stammered, "but you can still purchase whatever's out, if you'd like!" Smiling widely, the man began to survey the products.

He sort of reminded her of a brooch she had, which was a basically a platinum lion with jade eyes. Absently, she reached out and began fiddling with it. It was an expensive brooch, and she wasn't expecting him to buy it.

"Ooh, that one's really nice!" He said, with childlike joy glistening in his eyes. His majesty disappeared and, somehow, it made him more attractive. She looked back at him, meeting his green graze, and blushing, noticing his eyes twinkling in the starlight; how was this man so gorgeous?

"It's kind of pricy." [Name] scratched the back of her head sheepishly. "I can lower the price, if you want—"

"No, it's fine!" The customer pulled out a weighty bag of gold coins. "How much is it?"

"Um, 30,000 gold coins..." she murmured. Without hesitation, he gave her the money.

As he left her, she continued to pack up her stall, before making her way to a hotel. She stared up at the starry sky. The stars looked like faraway gems stuck onto a black velvety background. The gentle breeze grazed passed her, tugging her [hair colour] hair lightly.

She entered her room, putting her bags in the corner of the room, collapsed onto the bed. Try as [Name] might, however, she couldn't stop thinking about that customer. Maybe it was him being the last customer, or maybe it was the fact he had beautiful silver locks and jade pools. Who was he? How did he have so much money?

The next day, [Name] day, expectantly waiting for the customers to approach. She leaned over her stall, resting her head on her palm with boredom as she gently hummed.

"Hello again!" A cheerful voice greeted her. The customer from last night leaned over her, a purple coloured cape draped over his shoulders. "Can I buy something else?" [Name] smiled at him.

"Sure! What would you want?" He hummed thoughtfully as he browsed the stall.

The next week passed with the same customer stopping by to talk to her and buy more jewels from her. She learnt that his name was Lev and he didn't really get out much. The more he talked, the more she realised she was falling in love with him. His voice was light and calming, and honestly, if someone were to rob her stall while he was talking, she wouldn't notice.

It was [Name]'s last day of being in the Nekoma Kingdom, and somehow, she felt incredibly depressed knowing that. She didn't know if it was because she'd miss the beautiful scenery she had become accustomed to or if it was because she'd miss Lev.

"Hey, you busy?" Lev called, lightly jogging up to her as [Name] was bought out of her thoughts.

"I was about to set up my stall, why?" [Name] responded. He grabbed her wrist, pulling her through the masses of people. "Lev, where are we going?"

"You'll see," he responded, turning around and smiling at her. The two approached the castle in the centre of the kingdom. The two guards opened the gate and Lev pulled her into the walls. 

[Name]'s rose lips parted in awe, looking around the courtyard. Flowers lined the path to the entrance to the palace, and the gorgeous flags of the Nekoma Kingdom fluttered in the wind. Lev let go of her hand and turned to her. He opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by another man approaching them angrily.

"Lev!" He yelled angrily, "Where did you go?! Didn't I tell you to stay within the palace walls?!" [Name] took a step back as the new man punched Lev in the stomach.

"Y-Yaku!" Lev choked, clutching his stomach in pain.

"Who's this?" Yaku turned to the girl.

"[Name]! She's my friend!" [Name] gave a small wave in response as Lev put an arm around hr shoulders, pulling her towards him. Yaku looked between the two suspiciously.

"Why's she here?" That's when she realised it was probably a mistake for her to be there. She opened her mouth to apologise but Lev interrupted her.

"I wanted to show her he palace before she left!" A wide grin spread on his lips and Yaku stared at him before sighing, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I—whatever. Just don't break anything," he said, exasperation lacing his words. Poor guy.

[Name] followed Lev as he lead her around the palace, giving her a tour of the castle while commenting on everything animatedly. As he talked, [Name] gazed at his profile. His jade coloured eyes glistened in the warm sunlight streamed through the windows in the hallway. His straight silver locks danced along with the gentle breeze and his slender fingers were intertwined with hers, lightly grasping them as he lead her through the twisting and turning corridors.

He turned his head to look at her, smiling warmly as [Name]'s cheeks heated up. "We're here." His voice rang gently in her ears as she gently turned to look at the beautiful garden she found herself in. The sunlight shone down at a marvellous white gazebo with roses growing up the sides, and gorgeously trimmed hedges. A large cherry blossom tree stood beside the gazebo, shading it as petals timidly rained down onto it.

"Lev, what...is this place?" [Name] asked, her voice barely above a whisper, following Lev into the gazebo.

"This is my garden," he answered, taking a seat on the wooden railing. He looked at the flowerbed at the far left, before meeting [Name]'s eyes, pulling her toward him. "Would you like to stay in the kingdom for a bit longer?" His voice barely a whisper.

"Yes, please."

【EXTENDED ENDING】

"Oh, I should mention, I'm the prince of this kingdom," Lev said with a light laugh.

"Are you serious?!" [Name] yelled with surprise. "No wonder you were so filthy rich!"

☆★☆
hey guys!! hope you enjoy this!!
im thinking maybe i should do a oneshot collection for bnha or bungou stray dogs?
or maybe take requests for some one shots?
lemme know what you think!!