The Yard Worker

I Woke Up The Next Day To The Smell Of Food Downstairs. I Checked My Clock And Nearly Fell Out Of Bed When I Saw The Time. It Was 4 In The Afternoon. I've Never Slept That Long. I Got Up Quickly, Took A Shower, And Got Dressed. I Threw On Some Black Bandana Joggers, A White Tank Top And Shook My Hair Out Again. I Ran Down The Stairs And Once Again Bumped In To Chresanto.

"Ow..."

"I'm So Sorry Chresanto Really" I Whimpered.

"You Should Really Stop Running" He Groaned. He Rubbed His Head And Stood Up

"I'm So Sorry Please Don't Hate Me" I Exclaimed Reaching Out Towards Him.

"Why Would I Hate You It's Only The Second Time You've Ran Into Me." He Joked

I Huffed And Walked Into The Kitchen. When I Looked Over My Shoulder I Could've Sworn I Saw Him Watching Me Walk Away. Whatever. I Sat Down At The Bar Grabbed An Apple Off The Arrangement Of Fruit And Turned On The TV. The House Seemed To Be Vacant. It's Like Everyone Just Left, Well Chresanto Is Still Here Because He Has To Plant Flowers. I Jumped Over The Back Of The Couch And Fell On the Cushions. After Flipping Through The Channels With No Luck, I Went To Go Bug Chresanto. I Walked Out The Door And Found Him Digging Holes And Dropping In Flowers. I Sat On The Stone Steps And Watched Him.

"Can I Help You" He Asked.

"Mmmm Nope Just Watching"

He Looked Up With Confusion And Then Went Back To Digging Holes. After About 5 Minutes Of Silence I Spoke Up

"Do You Know Where Everyone Went" 

"How Would I Know?"

"Well You Are Here A Lot And It Seems Like Kim Would Tell You Anything So...."

"Kim Went To Work, Kennedy And Kolin Are At Daycare, Nia Is At A Friends Spending The Night, And Charles Is Also At Work." 

I Stared At Him Until He Looked Up And Stared In To My Face. I Tried To Look Away But I Couldn't. His Eyes Were So Riveting. They Were Big And Brown And Just Melting My Heart. I Finally Looked Away And Up At the Sky. Chresanto Then Got Up And Walked Into The House Without Saying Anything. I Didn't Want To Seem Like His Puppy Dog So I Just Watched Him. 

"Are You Coming" He Yelled Through The Door.

"Oh Yea I Guess" 

I Walked In Behind Him And Watched Him Dig Through The Fridge. He Pulled Out  A Pitcher Of Lemonade And Poured Two Glasses. I Took A Sip And Almost Gagged. That Crap Was So Nasty And So Sour I Almost Died. 

"Blech...Who Made This" I Yelled Disgusted

When I Looked Up He Was Staring Like He Was Hurt. I Sat Up In My Seat And Just Looked Down. 

"I Did" He Growled 

I Busted Out Laughing I Couldn't Take Him Seriously. You Call That Lemonade. I Don't Even Like Lemonade But That Just Sealed The Deal. I Looked Him In The Face And Tried To Keep It Staright But I Couldn't. All Of A Sudden I Felt A Cool Watery Substance Run Down My Back And Drip From My Hair. Now It Was His Turn To Laugh. I Swear I Must've Been So Pissed My Face Was Red. Did He Just.... Before I Could Think It He Said 

"Yes I Definately Just Poured My Lemonade On You. How Does It Taste Now" 

I Smirked "Still Bad" 

I Walked To The Pitcher Poured Out The Rest Of It's Contents And Walked To The Cabinents. I Pulled Out The Tea Bag, Then I Went To The Fridge And Pulled Out Lemons, Water, And Ice Cubes. Chresanto Just Stared At Me Wondering What I Was Doing. I Guess He Was Waiting On Me To Tell Him But I Never Did; I Just Got To Work And Started Making The Sweet Tea. I Put To 2 Packets Of Tea At The Bottom Of The Pitcher. I Poured The Water On Top And Mixed That Together. After It Was Good And Mixed I Put In Ten Spoonfuls Of Sugar And Cut Up Some Lemons. I Squeezed The Juice In First Then Dropped Them Inside; And For The Final Touch I Dropped In 6 Ice Cubes. 

"This Is A Southern Drink You Will Never Forget Chresanto" 

I Poured Us Both A Glass And He Gulped It Down In Seconds. Sweet Tea Is Good For The Senses It Gives You A Feeling Of Freshness. As He Poured Himself Another Glass I Went And Put The Pitcher In The Fridge. After He Finished The Second Glass He Went And Sat On The Couch And Turned On The TV. I Sat On The Couch Next To Him And Just Looked Over At Him. I Guess He Could Feel My Eyes Burning In The Side Of His Face Because He Turned And Faced Me. Once Again Those Beautiful Brown Eyes Met Mine. 

"What?" He Asked 

"Nothing Just Wondering How You Thought My Sweet Tea Tasted" 

He Turned Back And Faced The TV Screen And Didn't Say A Word. 

"Well?" 

Nothing

"Hellooo?" 

I Punched Him In The Arm And Looked At Him With Puppy Eyes. He Squirmed In His Seat. Gave Me The Side Eye And Looked Back At The TV. 

"Oh I Get It, It's Because My Drink Was Better Than Yours"

I Giggled And Stood Up. I Watched As His Eyes Roamed Around My Body And I Quickly Sat Down And Crossed My Arms Over Me. I Felt So Uncomfortable Now. I Checked My Clock And It Was 5:50pm. I Got Up And Walked Upstairs To My Room To Change Into Some Work Out Clothes. I Put On Some Shorts Kept On My White Tank But Slipped On A Sports Bra And Slid Into My Old Cheer Shoes. When I Came Back Down the Steps I Was In the Process Of Putting My Hair In To A Ponytail. Well Technically It Was A Big Puffball. 

"I'm Going Out For A Jog.. Wanna Come" 

I Awaited His Response But When He Ignored Me. I Huffed And Walked Out The Door. I Started Off With Simple Stretches Then Started Off Down The Side Walk With My Headphones In. I Played Some Heavy Metal, Sleeping With Sirens To Keep My Blood Pumping. I Ran Around The Block At Least 5 Times. When I Got Back To The House Chresanto Was Sitting On the Porch. I Ran Up To Him Sat Down Beside Him And Layed Back On The Cool Concrete. 

"That Was Quite A Run Huh?" 

I Peeked Out Of One Eye And Stuck My Tounge Out At Him. I Kept Breathing Deep And Found The Strength To Sit Up Next To Him. I Turned Off My Music Completely And We Just Sat In Silence. I Got A Text From Roxy 

Roxy: I Have A Surprise For You But I Can't Tell You Until Tomorrow

Crystal: Whatever Just Tell Me -.-

I Closed Out Of iMessage And Walked Inside. Chresanto Followed Me And Just Stood In The Hallway Of The Door As I Walked To Put My Phone On The Doc. I Played Some Music While I Made Myself a Peanut Butter And Jelly Sandwhich. I Danced Around And Sang And I Could Chresanto Looking At Me Out Of The corner Of His Eye. I Pulled Him To The Empty Space Between The Couch and Dining Room And Made Him Dance With Me. When I Took The Phone Of He Seemed Nervous And Overwhelmed.

"Umm I Gotta Go. I'll Talk To You Later Ok" 

He Scratched His Head Nervously And Left Out The Door. I Was Standing There Dumbfounded. I Was So Confused I Went Up To My Room Jumped On the Bed And Quickly Texted Roxy,

Crystal: You Won't Believe What Just Happened Between Me And The Yard Worker :)