Romeo & Juliet

When I Got Home I Ran Straight To My Room And Slammed The Door. I Went Into My Closet, Closed The Door And Let The Tears Fall. I Didn't Want To Leave Los Angeles; Not Without Chres. I Pulled Out My Phone And Called Him. He Didn't Answer On The First Time So I Called Again. When Someone Finally Picked Up, But It Wasn't Chres. 

"Crystal?" 

"Who Is This? Where Is Chresanto?" I Yelled

"Hey Hey Calm Down Its Me Jacob. Chres Is Kind Of....Uh Drunk." He Stuttered

"DRUNK!?" I Screamed

"Yea, He's Like Completely Wasted. All He Keeps Talking About Is How He Wants To Be With You And He Doesn't Want You To Leave.............................He's A Mess." 

I Couldn't Respond, Didn't Know How To Respond. I Just Started Making A Puppy Face And Tried To Hold Back Tears. I Told Jacob Thank You And Told Him To Let Chresanto Know He Needs To Call Me Tomorrow Morning. I Hung Up The Phone And Sat In The Corner Of The Huge Closet. I Thought About What My Life Would Be Like If I Never Moved Here, If Chres Told Me From The Beginning, If Me And Chres Never Met. I Was Deep Into My Thoughts That A Hard Knock On The Door Interrupted Them. 

"Go Away!" I Yelled

"Come On Crystal I'm You're Best Friend I'm Not Gonna Let You Sit In There Alone." 

I Crawled To The Door And Let Roxy In.

"Close The Door Behind You" 

She Closed The Door And Came And Sat Beside Me. I Leaned Into Her And Just Stayed There. 

"Why Did This Happen To Me?" I Whispered.

"Crystal None Of This Is Your Fault" 

"No I Don't Mean That, Like Why Did I Come Here Fall In Love With A Guy Who Works In My God Mother's Lawn, A Guy Who I Bumped Into Like 1,000 Times, A Guy Who Takes Me Out All Day Long Just For Us To End Up In Disneyworld Where He Asked Me To Be His Everything, A Guy Who Wants To Jump In A Pool Just To Splash Me In The Face and Kiss Me On The Nose, A Guy Who After He Has Made Love To Me; Wants To Make A Huge Plate With Pancakes, A GUY WHO FAILED TO TELL ME HE WAS IN A GANG SO I GOT THE SHIT BEAT OUT OF ME AND I GOT RAPED!" 

I Fell Onto Roxy's Lap And Started Crying. 

"And Even After All Of That........I Still Love Him. Does That Make Me Stupid?" 

Roxy Cradled Me In Her Arms. 

"No. It Doesn't" She Said Rubbing My Hair.

"Then Why Do I Feel So Stupid" I Whispered

"Because Love Makes Us Feel Like We Do Stupid Things. Some People Will Do Anything Just Because Of Love." She Whispered Back. 

Roxy Lifted Up My Face To Meet Her Eyes. She Gave A Reassuring Nod Then Hugged Me. Before I Knew It I Was Asleep In Her Arms. 

.                                                                                              .                                                                                   .

I Woke Up The Next Day At 2 In The Morning. I Was Sleeping In My Bed. Roxy Must've Put Me In The Bed. I Reached Over And Checked My Text Messages. I Had One At 1:50 From Chres

Chres: 

Meet Me Outside.....In Your Secret Garden." 

I Quickly Jumped Out Of The Bed And Put On My Robe Since I Had On A Flimsy Nightgown. I Tiptoed Down The Stairs And Out Through The Opened Back Doors. I Ran Around The Pool And Through The Back Garden To Find Chres Laying On The Hammock. I Ran Over And Crawled On Top Of Him. I Put My Chin On His Chest And Watched Him Sleep. He Looked So Peaceful. I Leaned Up And Kissed His Chin, Both Cheeks, His Forehead Then Finally Put My Lips On His. I Felt His Hands Grip Around My Waist And My Hand Reached Up To Caress His Face. I Pulled Back And Opened My Eyes To Find Him With A Huge Grin On His Face. I Smiled Back And Kissed His Smile. 

"I Love You" I Whispered. 

"I Love You More" He Said Pulling Me Closer To Him. I Put My Head On His Chest To Listen To The Sound Of His Heart Beat. I Could Also Feel Him Breathing In And Out. I Took A Deep Breath And Cuddled Closer To Him. 

"You Know We're Like Romeo And Juliet" I Said

"No We Are Not" He Laughed 

I Layed Beside Him And Sat Up On One Arm. 

"Yes We Are Chres" This Time My Face Was Straight

He Sat Up On His Arm And Stared Into My Eyes. He Quickly Pecked My Lips Then Pulled Me Close To Him. 

"Please Explain How We Are Like Romeo And Juliet." He Said Laughing.

I Wrapped My Arms Around Him And Looked Up At His Face. 

"Our Love Is Forbidden Basically. Your "Gang" Doesn't Want Us Together And Since I'm Being Sent Away Because Of That, My God Mother Technically Doesn't Want Us Together. I Mean Our Situation Isn't Completely The Same But It Is....Kind Of"

Chres Laughed And Kissed My Forehead. I Missed That. That's What Let Me Know For Sure He Loved Me The Constant Kiss On The Forehead, It Never Fails. I Snuggled In Tighter To His Embrace And Closed My Eyes. 

"Crystal.....................I'm Sorry About Not Telling You I Was In This Gang, But I Want You To Know I'm Quitting As Soon As I Get The Chance And When I Do I'll Come Visit You In Charlotte.....Just Wait For Me...Okay?"

I Opened My Eyes and Blinked. I Kissed His Chest And Closed My Eyes 

"Okay"