125: Normal Kids.

Dale's P.O.V.

After checking on Manu when he opened the door I went up to Liza's room

Her door was open so I just walked in.

She was laying in bed as if she hadn't been up all day and the only light in the room was from the sun shining through the window.

"Liza?"

She turned around so that she was facing me, her face full of heartbreak.

"Hey Dale..." She softly replied.

"I just came to check on you. I haven't seen you since yesterday morning. I was kinda worried I guess."

"Wow, you were actually worried about someone else? Shocking." She giggled.

"Hey I do have a heart you know." I said as I leaned my crutches against the wall and sat on the edge of her bed. "It might not seem like it but I do care about what happened. All of this has me pretty shaken up too. Neveah and I were starting to become pretty good friends. Now she's gone. And even though I hate kids, I've kinda warmed up to Lux, Swazo, Iris, and Diesel. And now Diesel's gone too. I can't say I know how you're feeling because you've known pretty much everyone here for years, but just know I'm here for you."

"Thanks Dale, that means a lot."

"No problem. So how's Manu doing? I asked him when I came in a few minutes ago but he just kinda shrugged his shoulders and walked away."

"He's not doing too good. I've tried talking to him but he won't let me. Manu's never lost someone he was this close to besides his brother but he was too young to remember."

"I can see why this is so hard for him then. I'm sure he'll open up to you soon though. He just needs time to process everything."

"Yea I hope." She retorted. "It feels so weird in this house now. It feels empty. Wade and Lazarus never let it get this quiet here. Every time I got in bed for the night thinking I was finally about to get a much needed relaxation session, Wade would burst through my doors and starting jumping up and down on my bed while Lazarus was downstairs blasting his music and giving Manu advice about how to hold his liquor or other ridiculous things. I'm sure as hell gonna miss those days."

"Well if it makes you feel a little better once I get rid of these crutches I can occasionally run into your room and jump on your bed and even give Manu bad advice."

"Thanks Pup." She chuckled.

"Just trying to make you feel better. Cause you know, I'm super into you." I joked. "Just kidding, as hot as you are, I genuinely care if you're okay. You're one of the only people in the Mezzarin who doesn't hate me."

"The people here don't hate you. You just annoy them... A lot."

"I don't even do anything to annoy them though."