136: Faint

Rowan's P.O.V.

"Are you even trying?" I asked River

He leaned against the wall and held a finger up, signaling for me to give him a second to recuperate.

We'd been working on combat for an hour and he was already sweating profoundly which was super unusual for him.

"My body feel's like shit." He replied.

"Giving up already?"

"Come on Stormy you know me too well to think that."

He went for a low blow but I caught it and reversed it, hitting him in the back of his knee and causing him to fall to the ground.

He rolled over onto his back and tried to catch his breath.

"Are you telling me that I can finally kick your ass?" I asked with a smile.

"Fuck you Rowan. I'm sick.... And why the hell is it so hot in here?"

"Your fighting with a long sleeved shirt on for one."

"That's not it."

A sighed and rested against the wall, staring down at him.

"You refuse to take your shirt off because you don't want anyone to see it."

"See what?"

"That the poison's spreading... Everyone know's that you're sick. You can hardly go five minutes without coughing and you look like a walking corpse. You don't have to hide it River. I get it though... Your pride's too big."

"Always has been always will be." He retorted as I helped him up.

"I've got good news and bad news." Said Max as he and Milo walked in. "Which do you wanna hear first?"

"Bad." We replied simultaneously.

"Bad news is we still don't have a lead as to where Hudson is. The good news, however, is that someone's here to help."

Mara then walked in with a woman I'd never seen.

River's eyes immediately lit up.

"Wow..." He said under his breath as Milo and I chuckled. "You just might be more attractive than me. Who the hell are you?"

"You don't recognize her?" Mara giggled as the woman smiled.

"She looks familiar..."

"This is my older sister, Mia."

"Mia!??" We both repeated in shock.

"Holy fuck puberty treated you well." I said.

"Sure did." River agreed. "No offense but you used to be funny looking."