Chapter 6: Busted Again

"Daddy?" I asked in disbelief.

Sebastian was there too. My guess: he accidentally told Dad about me being in love with a teenage mutant ninja turtle.

"I consider myself a reasonable merman. I said certain rules and I expect those rules to be obeyed," he stated angrily.

"But Dad, I--" I started.

"Is it true that you rescued a mutant from drowning?" he demanded.

"Daddy, I had to," I answered.

"Contact between that world and the mer-world is strictly forbidden! Jamie, you know that! Everyone knows that!" Dad yelled.

"He would've died!" I said.

"One less mutant to worry about!" my father stated coldly.

"You don't even know him! He's not what you think!" I exclaimed.

"And how is that so?" he challenged.

"You claim that all mutants are under Shredder's control. Well, I watched Raphael and others like him fight against the Shredder. You're wrong about stereotyping all mutants because aren't we mutants as well?" I explained.

"We're different! Mutagen accidentally fell into the water years before you were born. And they could've staged that fight! They are all the same! Mindless, uncontrollable mutants! Incapable of feeling--" my father started.

"DADDY, I LOVE HIM!" I shouted.

I gasped after what I just said. So did Sebastian and Shelly. I cowered for a minute until I regained my composure.

"No. Have you lost your senses completely?! He's a mutant! You're a mermaid!" my father bellowed.

"I don't care!" I snapped.

"So help me, Jamie. I am going to get through to you. And if this is the only way, so be it," he threatened as his trident glowed.

He started destroying all my treasures. I watched in horror as I demanded for him to stop. The sais fell from my holster and my father glared at them as he prepared to destroy them.

"Daddy! NO!" I yelled.

I quickly swam to them as he aimed. I grabbed them and used them to block my father's blast. My father stopped and was shocked at what happened. The sais were still intact and I looked at him with a glare until I broke down in tears, dropping the weapons. I buried my face in my arms as I cried on a rock. I heard my father leave and my friends approach me.

"Jamie, I--" Sebastian tried to explain.

"Just go away," I cried.

He obeyed and Shelly followed. I sobbed as I thought of what my father said. I knew Raph would never do that and neither his companions. Why would they stage a fight on the surface to be exposed? The only mutants to do that were the ones who worked for Shredder and I knew that wasn't the case for the turtles. I continued to cry until I heard a menacing voice, making me look up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Dang! Things are getting real! Am I right?