Chapter 18: Crashing the Wedding

When we started swimming toward the ship, the others couldn't help but stare at Shelly.

"They're still shocked that mermaids exist, huh?" she asked as she looked at me.

I nodded and she sighed. That's when Sebastian swam up to us.

"I already told Scuttle to stall the wedding. We should get there in time. I've got to get your father; he's the only one who could help us take down Ursula," he said.

I nodded with a sad smile and he swam down below.

"Don't worry, Jamie. We're gonna make it. We're almost there," Shelly assured.

We just kept swimming until we made it there. The turtles, April, Casey, and Karai used their grappling hooks and helped us get up there.

When we did, the others launched into battle as the bride was getting out of the wedding cake and being squirted by dolphins. Then she and Scuttle started wrestling with each other over the necklace. Raph was still standing there in a daze, like he wasn't affected at all. That's when Leo kicked the girl's leg so hard that she screamed and Scuttle managed to get the necklace away from her.

It sailed through the air and broke at my feet. My voice started coming towards me and Raph seemed to be out of his daze. My voice finally returned and I was vocalizing. Raph looked at me, surprised and happy.

"Jamie?" he said.

"Raph," I breathed.

It felt good to hear my voice again.

"You-- You can talk," he replied, coming towards me.

"Yes!" I whispered gratefully.

He hugged and twirled me around as he said, "You're the one."

I almost cried out of pure happiness.

"Raphael, get away from her," the girl ordered in Ursula's voice.

"It was you the whole time," Raph said, caressing my cheek and ignoring the girl's command.

"Oh Raph, I wanted to tell you," I confessed.

We leaned in, ready for the kiss.

"Raphael! No!" Ursula shouted.

Then just before our lips touched, I felt my legs start to give way and form into one. I inhaled sharply as Raph looked at me, full of concern. I fell on the floor and I realized it was too late; I was back to being a mermaid and Raph is seeing me this way.

"You're too late!" Ursula cackled then shouted, "YOU'RE TOO LATE!"

She turned back into her original form and crawled to me. I tried to escape, but she managed to grab me and put me into a headlock while she pushed Raph to the side. I struggled to get out of her grip, but I couldn't do anything.

"So long, lover boy," Ursula winked at Raph and dove into the water, along with me.

"JAMIE!" Raph shouted before we went under the water.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Jamie got her voice back and Raph knows she was the one who saved him, but she's back to being a mermaid and now Ursula has taken her prisoner. Crap.