Chapter 15: "Kiss the Girl"

At the end of the dance, I shyly walked to the edge of the building and looked over New York. Keep them wanting more, you know? Then I heard something squawking horribly; I looked around to see Scuttle doing that and I cringed.

"Wow. Someone ought to find that poor animal and put it out of its misery," Raph joked.

I smiled at him then cringed as I looked back at Scuttle, who gave me a wink and a signal that he's got this.

'No, you don't,' I thought, trying to send him that message, but to no avail.

Raph and I walked to opposite ends of the building, continuing our gaze to the city. Then I could hear some romantic music and I was surprised at first, until I heard a familiar voice and smiled, knowing what was going on: Sebastian was trying to help set the mood.

"Kiss the Girl"

"Percussion
Strings
Winds
Words

There you see her
Sitting there across the way
She don't got a lot to say
But there's something about her
And you don't know why
But you're dying to try
You wanna kiss the girl"

"Did you hear something?" Raph asked.

I shook my head as I looked down bashfully.

"Yes, you want her
Look at her, you know you do
It's possible she wants you, too
There is one way to ask her
It don't take a word
Not a single word
Go on and kiss the girl"

I noticed Raph looking at me and we couldn't help but smile. He gently grabbed my hand and I even leaned in to kiss him, but he leaned away and I walked away a little sad.

"Sing with me now
Sha-la-la-la-la-la
My, oh, my
Look at the boy too shy
He ain't gonna kiss the girl
Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Ain't that sad
Ain't it shame, too bad
You gonna miss the girl"

"You know, I feel really bad not knowing your name," Raph told me, making me look at him and he suggested, "Maybe I could guess?"

I nodded and walked to him.

"So, how about...Mildred?" he wondered.

I gave him a disgusted look, which made him laugh.

"Okay, no," he chuckled then continued, "How about Diana? Rachel?"

I shook my head each time and looked away.

"Jamie?" he whispered uncertainly.

That got my attention and I nodded excitedly.

"Jamie?" he smiled brightly.

I nodded again, taking his hand. I looked at it, realizing what I did and blushed.

"Well, that's kinda pretty. Okay. Jamie," he told me and we danced again.

"Now's your moment
Floating in a blue lagoon
Boy, you better do it soon
No time will be better
She don't say a word
And she won't say a word
Until you kiss the girl

Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Don't be scared
You got the mood prepared
Go on and kiss the girl
Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Don't stop now
Don't try to hide it how
You wanna kiss the girl
Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Float along
Listen to the song
The song say kiss the girl
Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Music play
Do what the music say
You wanna kiss the girl

You've got to kiss the girl
Why don't you kiss the girl
You gotta kiss the girl
Go on and kiss the girl"

We were so close to kissing until I opened my eye to see Rahzar and Fishface throw something at Raph. I pushed him out of the way and when he looked at me, I pointed to the mutants who attacked. He was shocked then glared as he pulled out his sais.

"I'll take care of this. You get back home and get the guys," he instructed.

I obeyed and went down to the sewers. I even ran into Leo, Donnie, and Mikey.

"Hey, what's going on?" Leo asked me.

I made a face that looked like a fish.

"Fishface?" Mikey guessed.

I nodded then scratched the air and pretended to pant like a dog.

"And Rahzar?" Donnie said.

I nodded again.

"Thanks. Get back to the lair," Leo said.

They left and I went back to the lair.

I went to my room, undressed myself, got in my pajamas, put my hair in a messy ponytail, and sat on my bed. I held my legs close to myself as I thought of what could happen tomorrow. When the sun sets, my time would be up. I also thought of why Fishface and Rahzar attacked Raph and I. They were offering me this chance to be with Raph. Plus, Shredder and they wanted to tell them what they were claiming to get humans to not fear them, so why would they do this? My thoughts interrupted by a knock on my door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well, that went well.