Chapter 19: The Final Battle

Ursula started dragging me underwater as I struggled to get out of her grip.

"Poor little princess, it's not you we're after. We have much bigger fish to--" she started.

"Ursula, stop!" my father commanded, his trident glowing at her.

Sebastian huffed at her as she swam up to my dad.

"Why, King Triton. How are you?" Ursula greeted casually.

"Let her go!" Daddy demanded.

"Not a chance, Triton! She's mine and Shredder's now! We made a deal!" Ursula refused, holding the signed contract.

Fishface dove into the water and held me in place.

"Daddy, I'm sorry! I-- I didn't mean to! I didn't know!" I exclaimed.

He fired his trident at the sea witch and the contract, but nothing happened.

Ursula cackled and said, "You see? The contract's legal, binding and completely unbreakable. Even for you."

Daddy was shocked at what just happened. The contract can't be destroyed?!

"Fishface, take her back to the boat. The king and I have things to discuss," Ursula said.

"What?" I asked.

Fishface swam up to the surface and threw me into the air. I screamed as I started coming down.

"Jamie!" Raph shouted, caught me, and landed safely on the ship.

"Thanks," I said.

"No problem," he answered, we both got our sais out, and he replied, "Let's kick their butts."

"I thought you'd never asked," I smirked.

Even though I was a mermaid, I could still fight Shredder's mutants. A little bit later, Raph and I were back to back.

"Care to explain about why you're a mermaid?" he asked.

We fought off Shredder's goons as I explained, "Well, I've always been a mermaid, yet I was fascinated with humans and mutants. When I first saw you, I immediately fell in love with you. When you started sinking, I saved you but knew I couldn't stay. A couple of days later, my friend gave me the sais you had that day, but my father found out about it and didn't approve. Then I was tricked by Ursula, the sea witch, Shredder, and his mutant minions to trade my voice to become human. If you kissed me before the last day was up, I'd stay human forever. If I didn't, I'd be their prisoner forever."

"Why does your father not approve?" Raph asked as he held off Rahzar.

"He thinks that all mutants were created by Shredder. And Shredder lied to me, saying that he wanted humans to not fear mutants and he tried to explain that to you guys," I answered as I held off Tiger Claw.

That's when my father came up to the ship, extremely weak.

"Daddy!" I yelled.

"Jamie. You're our only hope. Take down Ursula and Shredder," he said.

He waved his trident and blasted me. I felt my legs returning and when I looked up to thank him, he was gone. I looked to see something glowing and rising towards the surface. Raph was standing beside me to see the same thing.

"Raph, you gotta get away from here!" I told him.

"No! I won't leave you!" Raph refused.

That's when a giant Ursula rose from the sea with my father's crown upon her head, wielding my father's trident, and cackling like a maniac. She was also wearing her actual seashell around her neck.

"Well, that's something you don't see everyday," Raph said.

"You're telling me," I responded.

"You pitiful, insignificant fools!" Ursula bellowed in a deep voice.

She splashed the water, causing everyone to fall. Some of Shredder's mutants even fell overboard.

"Now, I am ruler over all the ocean! The waves obey my every whim! The sea and all its spoils bow to my power!" Ursula announced as a storm started to ensue.

We held tight as she made sunken ships rise up to the surface. Then I thought of something as I looked at Ursula's shell.

"Raph, I got an idea," I told him.

"Shoot," he said.

"If you help me get up high and you guys distract her, I can take out the shell necklace. Without it, Ursula will die," I explained.

"But won't that take you out too?" Raph asked.

"I'm not sure," I answered.

"No way! If there's a chance you won't survive, I don't want you to go through it," he refused.

"But it's the only way to take her down," I replied.

He looked like he was about to cry and he hugged me. I hugged back, breathing him in for what I thought would be the last time.

"I love you, Jamie," he said.

"I love you too, Raph," I replied.

We parted and we went up high. The others were distracting Ursula as Raph threw me toward her. When she saw me, she almost got me. But I aimed my sais at her shell and stabbed it. I broke it into a million pieces and Ursula roared in agony. She fell into the ocean to rot in her watery grave and I lost consciousness as I fell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Holy crap! Is Jamie okay?