Chapter 8: Ursula's and Shredder's Deal

I swam inside with Fishface and Rahzar behind me to see Tiger Claw, Bebop, Rocksteady, Shredder, and Ursula. Everyone except the sea witch and Fishface was wearing a neck breather. The place was spooky enough without these guys staring at me.

"Well hello, darling. It's so good to see you," Ursula greeted.

"Yes. Welcome," Shredder did as well.

I nodded nervously as I was escorted to a seat. I sat down as I looked at them all curiously.

"Before we get started, can I ask you something?" I requested.

"You may," Ursula answered.

"I can understand why you would help me. You know, after being banished and all," I said then asked Shredder, "But why would you and these guys want to? Last time I checked, Raphael and his companions tried to stop you from doing something."

"They do not understand what we're trying to do. We just want to make sure no human fears us," Shredder answered.

"Alright. Enough about us. Let's talk about you," Ursula said.

I nodded and explained as I held the sais, "I'm in love with a teenage mutant ninja turtle. His name is Raphael, as I mentioned, and I saved his life. He could barely see me, but he could clearly hear me. But my father doesn't approve because he believes all mutants are because of and those who work for Shredder. But if you're doing what you claim, it's just another bit of proof that he's wrong about mutants and humans."

"Well, he is. And the only way to get what you want is to become a human yourself," Ursula said.

I gasped then asked, "Can you do that?"

Shredder and Ursula looked at each other and smirked. He gave her a signal to answer. (A/N Play the video now.)

"My dear sweet child, it's what I live for: to help unfortunate merfolk like yourself. Poor souls with no one else to turn to," she answered.

That's when this music came out of nowhere and Ursula began singing.

"Poor Unfortunate Souls"

"I admit that in the past I've been a nasty
They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch
But you'll find that nowadays
I've mended all my ways
Repented, seen the light, and made a switch
True? Yes
And I fortunately know a little magic
It's a talent that I always have possessed
And here lately, please don't laugh
I use it on behalf
Of the miserable, lonely, and depressed
Pathetic

Poor unfortunate souls
In pain, in need
This one longing to be thinner
That one wants to get the girl
And do I help them?
Yes, indeed
Those poor unfortunate souls
So sad, so true
They come flocking to my cauldron
Crying, "Spells, Ursula, please!"
And I help them!
Yes I do

Now it's happened once or twice
Someone couldn't pay the price
And I'm afraid I had to rake 'em 'cross the coals
Yes I've had the odd complaint
But on the whole I've been a saint
To those poor unfortunate souls"

"Now, here's our best offer, baby cakes," Ursula said.

"We know a spell that will turn you into a human for three days. Now it's got a procedural clause," Shredder explained.

"Sort of a squid pro quo," Ursula added.

Fishface brought out a contract to the two in charge.

"Before the sun sets on the third day, you got to get Raphie to kiss you. If you do, you'll stay human forever," Ursula exclaimed joyously.