Fourteen

Maya POV

Last night was....weird and intense. I don't know if it was all those hours sitting in one room or what, but Ethan was being different. Less douchey. I enjoyed it.

Three quick knocks on my door snapped me from my thoughts.

"Yes!" I answered as I finished getting dressed.

"It's eve!" Evelyn's muffled bubbly voice filled my ears. "I'm here to finalize a couple things on the shower!"

"Fuck" I mumbled as I scurried to get ready and straighten up my room. I've been surprisingly cool with hanging out with Evelyn, if you get past the fucking her husband part we can build a friendship.

I opened the door letting her in.

"Hey eve!" I greeted.

"Okay, so I'm super excited!" She squealed. "The shower is in three weeks!" Wow hadn't realized how long it's been since we started planning, guess I was to concentrated on the investigation.

"What is there left to do?" I asked as we sat on my bed.

"Just call the caterers and finalize the guest list" she laid out the information on the bed. I picked up the guest list quickly examining it.

"This is a lot of people" I fake chuckled.

"I know, it's all friends and family and some people from the insurance company" she talked as she looked through the list of caterers. I almost scoffed at what she said. The insurance company was a cover for my dads drug business so that people wouldn't get suspicious.

"Yeah, I guess" I mumbled.

"Babe?" Grayson appeared in the doorway. "I thought you guys were coming downstairs" he smiled widely. Asshole.

"We're Fine here" she smiled up at him. "Go with the boys graygray" I held back the urge to gag.

"I wanted to help, I want to be apart of anything and everything that involves my little girl or boy" he sounded sincere. Maybe it wasn't just about keeping me from talking?

"Let's head down stairs, yeah?" He held the door open for us. We walked downstairs to the backyard sitting at a table on the patio. We sat at a circular table so Grayson ended up sitting next to me.

"So this is the guest list" Evelyn put it in front of me so Grayson could grab it but instead he scooted closer to me placing a hand on my thigh. I forcefully pushed it off making him look at me.

What the fuck is he thinking!? We are sitting with his wife planning a baby shower for his child and he wants to tease me! I glared at him as he sat back in his seat.

As Evelyn talk about the shower he placed his hand back on my thigh. I did my best to ignore it as I tried placing my full attention on Evelyn but it kept being shifted back to his hand on my thigh that he kept moving closer and closer to my area.

Right when it was about to touch me I jumped up making them both look up at me.

"I'm going to go get refreshments" I smiled as sweetly as possible before leaving. I walked into the kitchen taking deep breaths. I felt like crying. I thought I was passed this, passed him. I just need to understand that all he wants is sex.

As I grabbed the glasses from the cupboard I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist making me gasp.

"Chill babygirl, it's just me" Grayson seductively whispered before trailing kisses down my neck. I pushed him off turning around.

"What's wrong? Lately you've been so.....distant" he walked closer to me placing his hands on my waist.

"Your wife is right outside" my voice was barely a whisper.