Twenty-eight

Ethan POV

I began walking towards her but Jeff held me back. I was about to punch him like Grayson did but something else caught my attention.

Rico was walking right behind her with a gun to her head. As they walked closer, men with guns started coming out of the bushes aiming their weapons right at us.

"Ethan! Long time no see!" Rico spoke through a bill horn.

"What do you want!" Tyler yelled at him.

"Well right now, I could really use a sandwich. Lemme tell you that car ride took a lot out of me" Rico chuckled as if all of this were some game. "So step aside and let me enter your humble abode, well not like you have a choice we outnumber you by a shit ton" he smiled.

I signaled for the guys to put their guns down before a couple of Rico's men came up to us taking our guns before tying our hands behind our backs.

As Rico passed us I looked at maya trying to find any kind of emotion but all I saw was emptiness. I tried getting closer to her but the man holding me pulled me back. Once Rico was inside, the men dragged us inside into the dining room sitting us in chairs.

A moment later Rico entered along with lily and maya.

Where are Evelyn and Emily?

He at them down next to him as he sat at the head of the table.

"The food will just a take a moment" he smiled at us. "And if you're waiting for that pesky little Arthur to come and save you all he's not. He's down in the interrogation room waiting for me. We are going to have some fun." Rico clapped his hands in excitement. The doors opened revealing a nervous maid. She pushed her little cart over to Rico before unloading the food in front of him; before quickly retreating back to the kitchen.

He sat there eating as if this were all normal. All that was heard was the silverware clattering against the plates.

"Oh! I almost forgot!" He spoke through a mouthful of food. He snapped his fingers and a man entered with a box. I think I know what it holds.

The man walked over to Tyler before reaching in the box pulling out Emily's head placing it right in front of him.

Tyler looked at it in disbelief. "No" he choked on a sob looking away from the severed head. "No, no, no, no" he started crying and I couldn't help but feel my blood boil in anger.

"I'm going to kill you for this!" Tyler yelled through gritted teeth as he pulled on his restraints.

"Yeah, Yeah, I highly doubt that. You know if your girlfriend wasn't such a stubborn whore she would've made it here alive" Rico shrugged. The room went silent again and all that was heard were Tyler's soft crying as he looked down at his lap with his eyes shut tightly so he wouldn't have to look at Emily's head.

"Ok I'm exhausted, let's continue the festivities tomorrow shall we" he snapped his fingers again, this time making the men grab us harshly.

"You're not getting away with this" I spat as I was being dragged away.

"Yeah, ok Ethan what ever you say" he waved me away. I can't wait to get my hands on him, that pathetic piece of shit is going to get the worst of me.

They dragged us down to the basement and put us in cells. They're idiots, if you're going to imprison someone don't do it in a place they're familiar with. Once the men were gone I quickly went to the drain in the middle of the cell unscrewing the screws. Light sniffles distracted me. Tyler was in the cell next to me on the floor with his knees to his chest.

"He'll suffer, I promise" I whispered. I know what he's going through, I've lost a loved one before and it's hell. I honestly don't think he's strong enough to get passed this. I pushed the sad thoughts away continuing with my task. Once the top of the drain was off I reached in pulling out a small plastic baggie that contained keys. I screwed the lid back on the drain before running over to the door.

My plan wasn't to get out of the cell and kill everyone, no that was too risky. My plan was to get to maya, if I can just talk to her it'll give me the strength to save us all. I opened the door to my cell showing the guys five fingers meaning that I would be back in five minutes. Since the house is very old there are passage ways in the walls, as kids we would explore them. I went all the way to the back of the basement towards a wall of dusty paintings. I opened one of the paintings revealing the hidden passage way.

I'm coming for you maya.

Evelyn POV

"Eve, eve!" A soft but husky voice woke me up. I groggily opened my eyes looking up at the handsome lumberjack.

"Do you want to go to the phone now?" He asked as he sat on the edge of the bed. I sat up nodding, todays the day I talk to Grayson. I can't wait to hear his soothing voice.

"I made you this walking stick, in case you're still in any kind of pain" he handed me a wooden stick that had been sanded down to avoid any splinters.

"Is that a...." I trailed off looking at the carving in it. It was a baby with wings, I almost teared up at the sight.

"I-I thought it could motivate you" he gave me a small smile. He's a big man but I can tell he has an even bigger heart.

"Thank you Henry" I gave him a small smile before he helped me up from the bed.

"I've packed food, blankets, water bottles, and anything you'll need out there" the same girl from yesterday spoke. I hadn't even noticed her. I should've this cabin is all one big room.

"Thank you, Avery I'll be back tomorrow at night fall" he nodded taking the bag from her.

"And here is the woman's knife" she handed him the hunting knife maya gave me for protection.

"Wait we're just going to leave her here?" I asked.

"Yes?" Henry answered confused by my question.

"She looks fifteen, we can't leave her alone; especially in the woods" I scoffed.

"Fine then, come along Avery" Henry shrugged. Avery smiled before grabbing a bow and some arows along with a satchel.

"Let's go shall we"