Twenty-five

Maya POV

"You did it! I'm so proud of you!" Rico cupped my cheeks making me flinch. It was just hours after I had pretended to kill Evelyn. Hopefully she made it, I'm really worried because it wasn't exactly a full proof plan. I don't know the location of this place, whether or not we're near a road.

"What do you want, Rico. I've done everything you've asked, why are you keeping us here. What's your deal" I sighed.

"Oh sweetie, how stupid do you think I am" he chuckled as he walked over to a tray with a glass bottle of bourbon along with two glass cups. "I'm not giving away my master plan" he spoke as he poured the drinks.

"I can't tell anyone, it's not like I'm getting out of here anytime soon" I lied hoping he would give me at least a snippet of his plan that I could use against him.

"No" he said bluntly. "We should celebrate tonight, no?" Celebrate what.

"Celebrate what?" I mirrored my thoughts.

"Everything is falling into place" he touched my cheek gently with his pointer finger, looking down at my lips. No, no, no, no.

I attempted to back away but he grabbed me harshly.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Just when I think you're doing good you disobey me" he placed the unfinished glass of bourbon back on the tray before grabbing me harshly.

"Guess I'll have to teach you a lesson" he picked me up before pinning me down on a table. I kicked and struggled and screamed trying desperately to get out of his grasp. But it was no use, I'm to weak from the lack of food, water, and sun.

Just as he was about to undo his belt the door opened saving me from the horror.

"Sir, it's done. But we have a situation" the man spoke with a seriousness.

"What is it!" He snarled letting go of my aching wrists.

"The pregnant one.....shes alive" my heart dropped at the mans sentence. How do they know? Did they catch her? Where is she?

Rico looked down at me in anger before harshly gripping my throat cutting off my air supply.

"You stupid bitch! Did you really think I wouldn't find out" he spoke harshly through gritted teeth. I tried gasping for air but his tight grip wouldn't let me. He then picked me up by my throat slamming me on the floor.

"I'm going to enjoy this" he smiled evilly before kicking me in the stomach. I gasped for air as pain shot through me. He kicked me again making me fall back, as I cried out in pain. He then grabbed me by my hair before punching me in the face.

"I just don't understand you, why can't you follow simple directions. Oh right you're a stubborn whore, just like your bitch of a mother" he scolded me. Anger shot through me, he had no right to speak of my mother that way; or at all for that matter!

I spat in his face making his face turn red in anger. He kicked me again before continuing to beat me.

Where are you Evelyn, you're our only hope of getting out of here.

Evelyn POV

I woke up cold, and thirsty. I sat up from the dirt floor looking at my surroundings. After crawling for hours, I collapsed on the floor from exhaustion. But I'm awake now and I need to keep going. Who knows what's going on back at that place of horrors.

I got up with the support of a tree. Slowly stepping over roots and rocks. Do these woods ever come to an end? I've been walking since yesterday afternoon and I feel like I've gotten no where.

I'm so thirsty, hopefully I run into a stream or pond. I have to stay positive and healthy for the child inside of me. I tripped over another root falling on my face.

I rolled over looking into the trees before bursting into tears. Why? Why did this have to happen? I'm suppose to be at home getting ready for my baby shower. Finding out the gender of my baby boy or girl. With the man I love, Grayson.

I miss him, I miss his touch, his scent! He should've been here by now. But he's not so I need to get up and do this for the girls. I wiped the tears before attempting to get up again. I sat up just to fall back down. I felt pain in my stomach as a warm substance dripped down my inner thighs. No, it's not time! Its too early!

I reached out touching my legs before looking at my hands.

Blood.

Ethan POV

"Alright boys, I think it's time to call this off and bring the girls home" Arthur spoke as he looked over his variety of knives.

"Are you sure, sir?" Carlos asked as he sat on the leather couch.

"Why wouldn't I be" Arthur walked back to his desk after choosing a knife.

"Well, that video we were sent had a lot of men and weapons" Grayson spoke.

"So?" Arthur shrugged.

"So, why didn't they attack?" Tyler asked with a puzzled expression.

"They're probably cowards" Arthur spoke as he opened the package that had just arrived this morning. "It's-" he began speaking but abruptly stopped when he opened the box.

His eyes widened and his face showed, anger, confusion, and sorrow.

"Sir are you okay?" Jeff asked. Arthur said nothing letting a tear fall before quickly leaving the room. We all walked over to his desk looking down at the box.

It contained a head. Mrs. Graces' head.