Not So Human

Ariana woke up in a foggy daze. She was still dangling from a ceiling, but this time she felt a little sore.

"Good morning sleeping beauty," Trey cooed.

"Good morning Gaston," Ariana hissed.

"That's a completely different movie moron," Trey snorted.

"Oh I know. I just feel more comfortable insulting you with a character that dies in the end. And let’s not forget the fact I’m still a beauty who will end up with an extremely hot prince," Ariana smiled sweetly.

Trey stormed up to her ready to slap her back into a coma till a strong voice told him to do otherwise.

“Don’t waste your energy,” Ariana’s father demanded cooly.

“But-,” Trey started.

“Are you questioning my authority?” he barked.

“No sir,” Trey mumbled putting his head down.

“Then shut up,” he hissed.

“How cute! You’re still the fake macho alpha guy thing,” Ariana nodded.

“You’re just like your mother,” Declan spat.

“At least she knew how to put up a fight before you threaten to take away the two most important things to her,” Ariana stated.

“Oh Heather she had a better chance of living but you, you would have been dead either way,” Declan said.

“Elaborate that fact for me father,” Ariana asked kindly, but any person would see how strained her request was.

“Well since you put the effort to ask so kindly," he answered blankly.

"Cut the crap," Ariana snapped.

"Ari when I met your mother, I knew she was good for me," Declan started, it took all of Ariana's will power not to cough out bullshit. "She was everything an Alpha wanted...and needed. So I swept her off her feet and married her. I was glad to have been mated with her....for a while. Little did I know was that she was from a different....group. I come from a heritage of...." he paused to think of a word.

"Manipulative, evil, dumbies, uh....stupid, crude, cliche. Should I go on?" Ariana asked.

"Manipulative shall do just fine," he growled.

"Glad I expanded your vocabulary," Ariana smiled.

"While your mother came from a family of doing what is right. Also do anything stubbornly possible to make sure right is done. Of course you and Heather take from your mother,"

"Thank God," Heather sighed.

Not being able to take anymore of Ariana's crap he quickly slapped her, practically snapping her head off.

"Shut up! I've been nothing but patient with you. I deserve respect not only as your father but your Alpha!" he barked.

"You stopped being my father when I learned common sense.....I was pretty damn young. I guess I have one thing to thank you for. And as Alpha....any idiot would know you're not fit to be Alpha," Ariana mumbled.

Holding in his fury he decided to go back to his explanation.

"As I was saying! When this was discovered by the pack I had to make a decision. Either banish her or convince her to join our belief. Your mother refused. And the kind-hearted man I was, I allowed her to life....and suffer every single day. The only thing I promise was not to harm the children," he ranted.