10

Violet:

"Violet." I hear for what seems to be the thousandth time since I found out I was pregnant.

I stand slowly and so does Grayson. Grayson insisted on going back with me because he wanted to see the baby for himself. He seems to be completely fascinated by all of this.

I smile at the nurse as Grayson places his hand on the small of my back and we walk towards the nurse.

"So how are you today?" The nurse ask as she leads us through the familiar white halls. "Great actually." I smile at the fact that Grayson's here with me and I don't have to walk through these scary halls by myself.

"That's good." She smiles at me as she swings a brown wooden door open and allows Grayson and I to step in.

I sit on the cushiony chair in the middle of the room with a sigh. "You're more than welcome to sit right next to her." The lady smiles at Grayson and motions towards a chair that looks similar to the ones out in the waiting room.

Grayson doesn't hesitate to plop down next to me.

The lady begins to shuffle around and turn on a machine next to me. She grabs a couple of things including her gloves.

"Have you been having any issues lately?" She ask as she snaps her gloves on.

"Um yeah. I've actually been getting sick just about every morning." I admit as she lifts my shirt exposing my bump.

"That's completely normal at your stage. At least you have a great guy to help you right?" She smiles trying to lighten the mood as she grabs some gel like substance. "Yeah he helps a lot." I chuckle as I glance at Grayson.

Grayson's eyes are glued on the lady as she opens the gel. "This is gonna be quite cold." She warns me. I just nod and brace myself.

She puts a small amount on to my stomach which causes me to jump due to the coldness. "Oh my gosh." I mutter.

She rubs it in which is almost relaxing but I'm caught off guard by Grayson snaking his hand into mine. His hand's warm and soft. 

I glance at him and he just flashes me a soft smile. He acts as if grabbing my hand is perfectly normal for us.

Good thing it's relatively dark in the room because if it wasn't they could see me blushing.

"So I'm going to take this camera and run it across your stomach to check on the baby and hopefully figure out the sex." The nurse beams.

"I bet it's a girl." Grayson chuckles. "No it's definitely a boy." I argue. The nurse just laughs as she begins to run the camera across my stomach.

Grayson's thumb begins to run across the back of my hand as we hear the faint pump of my baby's heart beat.

"Well it looks like you have a really healthy girl." The nurse smiles at us. "Ha. I knew it." Grayson cheers.

"Whatever ." I chuckle as I continue to take in the sight of my baby. "Wow. This is crazy." I mutter barely above a whisper.

"She's beautiful." The nurse gushes.

——————
AN:

This chapter sucks so bad. I'm sorry.

My prom is a month away and I have yet to go dress shopping. That's how my life's going.