Chapter 5 - An Unexpected Evening.

I hear a car pull up the drive way and I am alarmed. It's already 4pm...shoot! I order my angel within, to disappear, as I bring my normal self-back. I am back to dark curls and hazel eyes and instantly, I blast out of my bathroom. Mom will freak out and ask me a dozen questions if I tell her I've already transformed - let alone who I really am. Plus, I'm still annoyed she didn't tell me everything about the whole quadrant-queen thing.

''Jeremy!'' I yell, as I race downstairs.

''Hey, you seem better.'' 

''Yeah, I'm feeling much better now. So, how was the second day at school?'' I ask.

''It was great. Thanks for the car. How was your day?''

''Let's just say, I'm glad It's over.'' I sigh in relief.

Jeremy headed upstairs to change, while we waited upon mom's arrival. She should be home soon. 

It's 5pm and I hear mom's car pull up.

''I'm home!'' Mom calls, as she entered the house.

I raced towards her and give her a long much-needed hug. After what I went through today, I needed my mamas love.

''Oh, sweetie. How are you feeling?'' She asks, lovingly.

''Much better now.'' 

''Miiii. Rose!'' Esme calls from the side.

''Aw, my princess. I missed you too.'' I take Esme from moms grasp, and hold her in my arms.

''Hey mom! What's for dinner tonight?'' Jere asks.

''I was thinking of treating you lot to my home-made chicken pasta.'' She says.

Our mouths water in hAnger.

''YES!'' We scream - as if we've won the lottery. Technically, moms chicken pasta, is like winning the lottery. Me and Jere, could no doubt, eat it for the rest of our lives if we could.

Once mom changes into her comfy clothes, she heads into the kitchen and starts cooking. I take Esme to the living room and spend time with her. Jeremy is probably watching some horror movie in the other room.

''Mom! Do you need some help?'' I call.

''No, I'm good for now. I'll call you if I need anything but, I'd rather you stay with Esme because knowing your brother, he's probably disappeared into the movie world.''

''Ok!'' I laugh.

''So, how was my princess' day today? Did you have fun?'' I ask Esme.

''Yah. I had fun mi.'' She giggles and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

''Aw, I love you.''

''I love Mi.'' She replies, giving me a hug.

I play with her some more and realise my phone is ringing from upstairs. Esme begins to cry so, I take her with me and she's now quiet. Mischievous girl. Idiotically, I bend to find my phone, like I hadn't just grown 10 metre long wings from my back, and the soreness returns. I really am an idiot. I curse myself. I find my phone and it reads Christian. Wow. 6 missed calls and 7 text messages. He must be really worried. Oops.

''Hello.'' I answer.

''Rose! Why haven't you answered any of my calls or messages. I've been worried sick.'' He yells.

''I, um. Sorry. I was in bed all day and my phone was on silent.'' I hate lying to him.

''Not good enough. I'm coming over.'' He scolds and disconnects immediately.