Chapter 9 - Plea.

''Oh, honey! We were worried sick! Where were you?'' Mom grabs my arm and hugs me so tight, my ribcages begin to crunch.

My body is motionless and I feel my heart beats, decrease. My world is collapsing, over my bare head but, I must stay strong. If not for myself, for Christian.

''ROSE! Where have you been?'' Jeremy roars, as he rushes down the stairs.

''Mom, I want to go to my room.'' I whisper, in a tragic tone.

''Ok, you go sweetie.'' 

''Is she okay?'' Jeremy asks, concerned.

''She'll be fine. Give her some time. It's been a long night.'' 

I lock my door tight and weep in my peach duvets. I feel empty. No emotions. No meaning to my life. No point in having a heart. Bewilderment. I take a, what seems like a 5-hour shower, and drain my sorrows and grief. I know it may seem foolish to cry like this but, no one could ever understand the love I have for Christian. A man so dark yet, so pure, loving and innocent. A man with nothing but, love in his heart. A man so selfless, caring and kind.

I step out the shower and wear casual a t-shirt and sweatpants. I cannot be bothered to make an effort anymore. I brush through my dark curls, whilst pondering on my pledge. 

I must do this, now. Be strong Ever. 

Reverondem apearoth La Queen. I whisper in celesta and hope the Queen receives my calling.

I sit at my bed and silently, wait. My body is bashing with nerves but, I must do this. A half hour later, I notice a beam of light come through my walls. 

''You came.'' I jolt, in ecstasy.

''Of course. Tell me, why have you summoned me Ever.'' Ariana asks.

''I don't know how to say this but, I need you to help my friend. He is amongst the fallen. Please, I beg you, I plead to you. Help him.'' I am quick to say.

''What is his name?''

''Christian ...''

''Black...Christian Black! Ever, do not be insane. He is no fallen angel, he is a DEMON. I can never forgive him for what he has done. I am truly sorry.''

I feel my heart sink deeper as the words echo from her lips.

''NO! It's not his fault. If you had actually heard his forgiveness, you would know it wasn't his fault. He was just a young, innocent boy - who was manipulated by the other fallen. Please, you have to help him. I'LL DO ANYTHING!'' I bawl.

''I'm sorry, Ever. There's nothing I can do for your friend. He is cursed for an eternity of misery and isolation and will always remain so...'' 

Just as she prepares for flight, my feelings take control.

''You don't understand. I LOVE HIM.'' I gush.

She turns and gives me a horrific look I thought I'd never see. Disgust fills her eyes however, I can also see the pain and understanding she feels for me. How can the queen of the angel world, be helpless? I refuse to believe her.

''What did you just say?'' 

''I said I love him. I love Christian Black. Before you ask, yes, I do know the risks but I do not care. I love him more than anything - which is why you need to help him. Please. Please restore his purity and give him his life back. I can't bear to watch him suffer.'' 

I kneel down and weep, harder.

''Are you prepared to lose everything for him. Your family, your friends, your title, your powers and YOURSELF?'' She asks.

''I AM! PLEASE, JUST HELP HIM. I BEG YOU!''

''This is impure love and you know this. It goes against every angelic rule and law and still, knowing this, you choose to love this demon?'' She adds.

''It may be impure to you but to me, this is the purest love any man or woman could ever possess. He is NOT a demon.'' I continue to cry.

''This is the first time, in history, something like this has happened. I hope you know what you are getting yourself into, that's all.'' The queen finishes.

''I am ready!" 

''Very well. I will take this to the Haven Court and come back to you with a judgement – perhaps in the commencing days.''

I nod upon hearing the decree and watch her evaporate. I am consumed with anxiety, to an extent that I feel like death has passed through me. My eyes water in depression, as the uncertainty of my judgement is yet to be passed. Whatever the final result is, I am ready to face it with open arms. As long as Christian regains his purity, I am content.  

--------------------

xox