TWENTY FOUR

"HARLEY! HARLEY, OPEN UP

"HARLEY! HARLEY, OPEN UP. PLEASE." Joe yelled, knocking frantically at her door. Harley was taken back by this. She would've never expected Joe to care about her so much, in this way. To go out of his way to make sure she was okay for once.

She walked over to the door and opened it, and immediately Joe grabbed her and held her tight. "God, I'm sorry Harley," He rambled, holding onto her tight. "God, I'm so stupid."

She didn't hold him back at first, because the words he said stuck in her brain. But, this was the first time in a long time she felt safe. She felt safe in someone's arms that weren't just her friends. Even though Joe was a friend. He was different.

She suddenly started sobbing violently, which cause Joe to hold her even tighter. "Harls, shhh. It's okay. I'm here." Joe whispered in her ear as she cried. "I'm here. I'm not going. I'm not going anywhere."

She grabbed onto his shirt and just held onto it. Everything was piling down on her. The thought of Trevor, her mom and how much she missed her, and Joe. All she wanted to do was to help Joe and make him feel better. She wanted him to let go of Fanna. But, you could never let go of your first love.

"Moon river, wider than a mile." He sang quietly in her ear as he rocked her back in forth slowly. "I'm crossing you in style someday."

The song that reminded her of so much. Reminder her so much of her mother. It reminder her of the times her mother would sing it to her whenever she was upset. Now, Joe was singing it. To make she was okay.

"Oh dreammaker... you heartbreaker." He laughed lightly at the last part as he continued. "Wherever you're going... I'm going your way."

He hummed the rest of the song until Harley finally didn't have enough energy to cry some more. She lifted her head from his tear stained shirt, their eyes connecting.

"You never gave up on me," He whispered. "Now, I'm not going to give up on you. I'm not gonna give up on you Harley."

"Please don't." She cried softly, which broke Joe's heart in pieces. "I'm so used to people giving up. I can't lose another person."

"You're not. I'm going to be here. For as long as you need me." He whispered, grabbing her hand and bring it close to his face. "Alright?"

A soft smile appeared on her face. "Alright."

-
THE START OF JARLEY. Jonna always holds a special place in my heart ahhhh