Babysitter

It was the beginning of Winter and the temperature was dropping. Yet the Village streets were still filled with people and among them was Naruto Uzumaki. He was wearing light warming clothing and had a Black scarf on. He walked into a Building filled with flowers. There was a Female all alone moving Flowerpots around. She had blue eyes and long platinum blond hair worn in a ponytail, with bangs framing the right side of her face. She noticed someone enters the building and went to the front counter.

"Hello, Ino."

"Naruto? What are you doing here?"

"I'm looking for a watering can. I accidentally broke mine."

"Sure, we have plenty. I didn't know you were a Gardener."

"Eating can't be my only hobby."

"Hehe, how long have you been at it?"

"Since my childhood. Helps me with... stuff." Ino froze. She knew about the failed mission. The strange cave, what Sakura did, the casualties.

"What happened wasn't your fault. No one blames you for Sai's death, Ebisu's, the Tsuchikage's or anyone else." Naruto lowered his head. "Wait here."

Ino picked a purple flower and handed it to Naruto.

"What's this? Why are you giving me this?"

"It's a Crocus. It symbolizes cheerfulness and joy. Something you need right now." Naruto frown turned into a smile.

"This will go great with my garden. Thank you."

"And here, a brand-new watering can. On the house."

"No no no, I can't take this."

"Keep it, this is my thanks for, you know, saving the world and stuff."

"End a war and get a free watering can, seems like a fair trade." Ino chuckled and gently shove his shoulder. "Thanks. Guess I'll be heading home now." Naruto grabbed his new watering can and towards the exit. A thought came to Ino's mind, her smile disappeared, and she saddened.

"Before you go, I want to know. Have you talked to Sakura?" Naruto stopped at the entrance, not turning to face Ino.

"... No..."

"A- are you angry at her?"

"... I don't know."

"If you find her, tell her to see me. I feel like she needs to talk to someone. The same goes for you if you want to talk to someone just find me."

Naruto looked at Ino and she gave him a smile. Seeing her smile, Naruto couldn't help but feel happy himself.

"Thank you, Ino."

[The Last City, Present Day]

Naruto sprung up from his bed getting himself tangled in the medical tubing. An Exo came to his side, calming him down.

"Easy, easy."

"W- where am I? Where's Olympia?"

"You're in the Last City. Your friend brought you here when you were ambushed."

"Where is she now?"

"Must be around the Tower." Naruto laid back on the bed. With the adrenaline gone, he started to feel the pain in his body.

"What happened?"

"You don't remember?"

"I remember Olympia being killed, saw a Hunter and... nothing. I can't remember the rest."