Inside of your hug

The next day she did not receive any response to her morning sms and when he did not even pick up the phone, she had a premonition that there was something really wrong with Dev. The feeling grew till she started feeling desperate, not knowing who to turn to if he did not reply. She fretted and fumed and waited and waited. Finally he called up about 8 pm or so and he sounded strange, as if he was having trouble in keeping his thoughts and emotions in control.He simply asked her, " Can you come down to my apartment now. With Soha? Just for half an hour?"

Sona knew something was wrong "Of course". She threw together a few clothes for Soha and also for herself. She told her mother and father that something was wrong with Dev and Asha and Sourabh encouraged her to take her own decision about how she wanted to help Dev. She drove off with an excited Soha. 

As she rang the bell the door was opened by a servant she did not recognize. She could hear raised voices, Dev, Natasha and other people. She stood there with her daughter in her arms, wondering whether to go in, Just then the people came out and glancing curiously at her, the board members of Dev's company left, till only Dev and Natasha were left. Natasha had her hand on Dev's arm and she asked him " Will you be alright? If you want we can sit and discuss this further. Don't be alone tonight."

Dev smiled a welcome at Sonakshi and simply held out his arms to his daughter who clambered down her mother's arms and ran to her father, who hugged her, asif he had found a lifeline."No Natasha its all good now. Soha is here with Sonakshi. I will be fine. You go home and rest. We will solve this one. I promise you that."

Natasha in contrite tones: "Dev I am sorry I didn't listen to you earlier." She too looked tired and defeated.

Dev: " Natasha if I had to make a mistake I would rather make it with you by my side than anyone else."

Unlike the last time Natasha wished Sonakshi with warmth, chatted with her for a few seconds, smiled at Soha and left.

Dev: " Thank you Sona for coming like this. Can't tell you how much I needed to see you and Soha tonight." He moved to the room he had built for Soha and lay down there on the rug with Soha, engaged in the childish prattle, listening to her, talking to her. Sona could see how tired and broken he looked. As if he hadn't slept at all and had a slight stubble as if he hadn't shaved too. She could see the worry lines around his eyes. She sat down next to them and watched them play and laugh and mock-wrestle, not wanting to disturb him. 

The servant came to tell them the dinner was served and though Dev didn't want to eat, she made him come to the dining table on the pretext of feeding Soha and insisted he eat, Later on Soha was sleepy and Dev and Sonakshi sat on the open balcony while Soha clutched him around the neck, while he patted her to sleep, completely absorbed in the child, evidently finding peace in these little pleasures.

Sona: "So gayi?"

Dev: "Haan. Kitne pyaar se soti hai. Agar isko abhi apne se alag karoon, to disturb hogi, na?"

Sona: " Nahi, ab so gayi hai. Kuch bhi karo disturb nahi hogi.  teen ghante baad phir se uthegi aur mujhe dhoodhegi."

Dev: "Oh. Chalo tum dono ko ghar chhod aaoon."

Sona: "Dev......actually tum chaho toh...hum, mera matlab Soha aur main... aaj ....raat yahan ruk sakte hain. " he remained silent and Sona panicked that she might have said too much too soon."matlab... agar tumhe Soha ke saath rehne ki zaroorat ho. Agar aisi baat nahi toh koi problem nahi."

Dev: " Sonakshi tum bahut hi achhi ho, yaar. Aaj raat main akela rehna nahi chahta. Aur tumne toh bina kuch kahe mere mann ki baat keh di. Main tumhara shukraguzar hoon. Please reh jao. Par tumhare kapde............'