Simona & Harry

I stare straight ahead at the doors that would soon open for me, my dad’s arm wrapped tightly with mine.

“Oh, dad.” I sigh when I see his eyes tear up. “You’re not loosing me. Think of it as gaining a new son.” I squeeze dad’s hand and he chuckles slightly.

“I don’t know why I’m cry.” He admits. Dad looked very intimidating with his tall and muscular stature, but once you got to know him, you realized that he was a big teddy bear.

I remember back when I was 16, about to turn 17. It was summer break, and I had gone to the beach with my family. I would always remember that time in my life, because that was when I first saw those shocking green eyes. We had been dating for about a month when I first introduced Harry to my dad, and he was absolutely petrified by the sight of my father. But, of course, five years later, Harry knew my father like his own.

So now, with my father dressed in a black tuxedo beside me, I stand in my wedding gown.

There was an ivory belt around my waist that was from my great-grandmother’s dress- something old. This morning, Liam, Zayn, Louis and Niall get me a ring to welcome me into the family- something new. I was wearing Gemma’s shoes, which she insisted would give me good luck- something borrowed. My brown hair was twisted back into a low bun with one large flower at the back- something blue.

My heart beat picks up as Mendelssoh’s Wedding March from a Midsummer Night’s Dream floats out of the chapel.

The grip of my father’s arm tightens and I watch my bridesmaids walk out before me. Perrie, Gemma and Eleanor are first to leave; Danielle then gives me one last smile before she goes out with her three year old daughter, who is also the flower girl.

Dad senses my nerves, and he gives me a gentle kiss on the forehead. “Don’t worry so much, Simona. Everything is going to go perfectly.”

I give him a wide smile, genuinely happy. I wasn’t nervous that something bad was going to happen- I was in shock that this day had finally come.

I remember the day that Harry proposed; he had been jumpy all week, so when he asked me out to lunch one day, I thought he was going to break up with me. I was an absolute wreck. Then, I remember seeing the boys come out, Niall carrying a guitar, and Harry got down on one knee and started singing slowly.

“You are so beautiful to me.

You are so beautiful to me.

Can't you see?

You're everuthing I hope for,

and you're everything I need.

You are so beautiful,

to me.”

And now we were here, seven months later, and I was minutes away from becoming Mrs. Simona Styles.

Dad coughed, grabbing my attention. “We’re up.”

The large oak door opened, and I watched as our friends and family stood, gasping. A blush crept up my neck, my smile never leaving my mouth. I swept my eyes down the crowd, looking at all the happy faces. I saw my mom, crying quietly into a tissue.

And then I saw him, standing at the altar, and my heart stopped.

His curly hair was swept to the side as always, a large grin erupting on his face when he saw me. He was all that I could see- everything else was just a blur. His green eyes connected with mine, and I was now nearing the end of the isle.

I stopped, just five feet away from him now. Dad gently took my delicate hand in his, and gently placed it in Harry’s awaiting palm. With one last fleeting glance in my direction, dad moved over to sit next to mum.

The ceremony passed quickly, the only words muttered were of that from the priest and those that Harry and I repeated.

Finally, it was time.

“I do.” Harry smiled, his eyes never once leaving mine.

“I do.” I repeated, full of glee, barely able to contain a laugh of joy.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”

“Finally,” Harry whispered, and wrapped his arms around me. His lips kissed mine tenderly, and when we broke apart, my husband’s eyes twinkled. “Hello, Mrs. Styles.”