Emily & Liam

I grabbed another plate off the counter and gave it a quick rinse before placing it in the dishwasher. I glanced over at Liam as I continued to clean up our dinner; he was sitting on the floor, our collection of movies spread out around him. He caught me looking and smiled. He stood up and walked into the kitchen, pausing for a second in the doorway.

I turned back to cleaning the dishes and forgot that he was standing there. I jumped when he came up behind me and wrapped his arms tightly around my waist, picking me off the ground.

"Babe, I'm cleaning up!" I laughed and rested a hand on his muscular arms. He set me down and spun me around to face him. We were both smiling madly at one another; we were newlyweds, still going through our extreme lovey dovey phase. We had just finished one of our many date nights in, and there was a film planned next.

"I'll do that later after you go to bed." He waved off the mess and slowly dragged me out of the kitchen and into the lounge. He was smiling like a kid at Christmas, which he always resembled. He was so immature, but not like the other boys. Liam could switch it off automatically and he was just... perfect.

"So I've got it down to two films- Love Actually or Marley and Me?" Liam picked up two different DVDs from the coffee table and showed them to me.

"Oh god," I groaned. "Not Love Actually. We've seen that so many times. Let's watch Marley and Me for a change."

He laughed and stuck the correct film into the player. Liam grabbed the remotes from the table and switched on the tellie. He sat down on the comfortable couch, patting the space next to him. I giggled like a teenage girl and fell down next to him. We snuggled close together, his arms wrapped around me. My head was resting on his chest, taking in his amazing smell.

Throughout the whole film we never pulled apart, a few times we stole a few kisses in the dark. By the time the film was over, we were both denying that we had become emotional because of Marley's death. Liam was wiping away his eyes and turned my head away.

"You alright, Emily?" Liam squeezed me closer and gave me a long kiss on the forehead.

"Yeah it's just a movie, Li." I smiled at him and he returned it. I could see a spark of something in his eyes, but he acted as if he it wasn't there.

"It was really good. Wouldn't mind seeing it again." He arched his back and stretch. Liam looked back over to me and I could see the hint of something returning in his eyes. He got even closer to me and I didn't resist or protest. I loved Liam and I loved being close to him.

"Definitely. The kids were really cute." I stated and a wider smile erupted on my husband's face. He looked really hopeful and happy, but also slightly shocked.

"I didn't know you liked kids, Emily."

I rolled my eyes and sighed, smiling. "Liam, I only told you that one time, and that was because the baby spit up on me! Kids are great, except when they spit up on my new dress."

"So you want kids?" Liam moved his hands to mine and linked them together tightly. He leaned closer, if that was even possible.

I rested my head on his shoulder and looked down at our intertwined fingers. They fit together perfectly like we did. We were soul mates; I was sure of that.

"Liam, we're married. That's what married people do- have children." I looked up at him and he was grinning crazily. Before I could protest or get away, Liam scooped me up bridal style and marched us towards our bed room.

"What are you doing?!" I laughed as he kicked the door open. Well, I knew what he was doing, I just wasn't expecting it.

"We are going to have the cutest kids ever!" Liam proclaimed loudly and I knew he was right.

We fit together perfectly, and our life together was going to be blissful.