Montanna & Harry

I stood in front of my closet, trying to find the perfect outfit. It was my first date with Harry, and he said to dress nice. I had no idea what we were doing, but that didn’t matter to me. All that I cared about was that I was about to go on a date with Harry Styles.

I reached forward and grabbed a strapless dress that had a red leather belt going around the waist; I wasn’t paying much attention to my outfit. I was too busy day dreaming about Harry.

We had met a couple of months ago at a local Starbucks. I knew who he was, and I still am a huge fan, but I refrained from freaking out. We grew closer, becoming friends first, and then a few days ago he asked me out on a proper date. It turned out that he secretly liked me as much as I liked him.

I slipped on the dress, careful not to mess up the makeup I had already applied. It was very natural, but still slightly dramatic. As I fastened the belt, I stared into the mirror, analyzing my short brown hair. It was normally wavy, but today it had decided to just go crazy. I knew there was no taming it, so I braided it back into an intricate bun.

I smiled at my appearance and looked down at my bare feet. What shoes should I wear? I had no idea what we were doing, so how could I know the appropriate shoes? In the end, I just grabbed a pair of pale yellow vans.

I sat down and checked my phone for any new message and was happy to see a new message from the curly haired boy himself.

          From: Charmer

          I’ve sent someone to pick you up xx

I smiled at my screen, remembering how I had slowly fallen for him since the moment I first met him. I was having a particularly bad day that day and Harry offered to buy my drink for me- we became friends instantly. He was always there for me no matter what. He never went away when I was in a terrible mood; he gave me chocolate on those days; he made me happy when I was sad. He was my perfectly little angel that had rescued me from my boring life. Just looking at his bright green eyes made my one hundred times happier.

Downstairs, I heard the doorbell ring and I presumed that it was one of the boys that Harry sent. This was it. I was finally going on a date with my best friend.

I hurried out of my room and through my messy flat; I smiled, remembering how Harry had come over last night with a scary movie and ice cream. There were no words to describe how amazing he was.

I opened to the door to be faced with Liam. “So you’re the one Harry sent.”

“Liam Payne at your service, for all your vehicular transportation needs.” He bowed, smirking.

“Doesn’t Harry know that I can drive? I am seventeen.” I sigh.

“He’s trying to be romantic. And to add to the romantic-ness,” Liam held up a black tie. “Harry wants you to wear this.”

“Why?!” Harry was crazy sometimes, but that was another reason I liked him so much.

Liam shrugged. “He doesn’t want you to see where you’re going. Now turn around so that I can put this on you.”

“Fine,” I locked my door behind me and turned around so Liam could tie it around my eyes. I stumbled forward, waving my arms around, trying to walk without tripping.

“You know- you look ridiculous, Montanna.” Liam grabbed onto my shoulders and guided through the hallway towards the elevator. We reach the lobby and he helps me through out of the building to the car.

I shivered at the cool evening air. “Geez, Liam. How cold is it?”

“About 65 degrees at the moment- and it’ll only get colder.”

I groan and Liam stops walking. I hear him open a car door and I rub my hands over my bare shoulders to warm myself up.

“Alright,” Liam paused and there was the click of a lock. “In you get.” He guided me to the car door and helped inside without hitting head.

I muttered thanks and fumbled around to find the safety belt while my door closes and Liam climbs in the driver’s seat in front of me. The engine roars to life and he pulls away from my building.

“Could you please tell me where I’m going?” I ask after around five minutes of driving.

“Sorry, love. I’ve been sworn to secrecy by Harry. But I can tell you that we’re about fifteen minutes away.” Liam then turns on the radio and I groaned. Fifteen minutes? I was too impatient for that. I just wanted to see Harry; I didn’t care what we did.

Time passed slowly, but I was able to speed it up slightly by day dreaming. I couldn’t stop thinking about him- what he was wearing the day we met, the little smirk he gave me, how he said my name, how he blushed when I caught him staring at me. It felt like everything was falling together. I was finally going to be with Harry.

After what seems like an eternity, Liam stops the car and turns off the engine. He climbs out and opens my door for me, helping me step out. As soon as I get outside, the cold air hits me. I can smell the salt in the air and the sound of seagulls. We were at the coast?

Liam wrapped his arms around me and took me down to what I guessed was the beach. Soon, I felt the crunch of the rocky sand beneath my shoes and I knew I was right- Harry had brought me to the beach for our first date.

I feel Liam’s warm arms leaving me. “Liam?! Where’d you go? Where’s Harry?” I spun around, itching to take off the blind.

“You can take that off now.” Harry deep voice whispered in my ear and his strong arms wrapped around my waist. I shivered again, but this time it wasn’t from the cold. Harry reached up and pulled off the tie, letting it fall to the ground. He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and rested his chin on the crook of my neck.

I closed my eyes and leaned back on Harry. “Hi,” I whispered simply.

“Hi,” Harry answered. A gust of wind struck us and I could barely hold back a shiver. “You’re freezing!” Harry cried and quickly took off his blazer. He gently wrapped it around my shoulders and brushed a piece of hair out of my face. I blushed and looked out at the setting sun.

“Wow,” I gasped in amazement. It looked like the water was on fire, the sun illuminating the small waves of the ocean. “It’s absolutely beautiful.”

“It’s alright,” Harry said, looking out at the water. He turned to me. “Now this is what I call beautiful.”

I smiled and leaned against him and he wrapped an arm around me. “This is perfect, Harry. Thank you.”

“Do you know what it will make it better?” He steps back and bows. “Montanna, may I have this dance?”

I giggled and curtsied back. “Well of course, Harry!” He jumped towards me and we started prancing around the rocky shore. We were laughing uncontrollably, our faces red from laughing and dancing. We only lasted a few minutes before we slowed down, gently swaying back and forth.

We grew quiet; the only sound was of the water trickling over the rocks. I rested my head on Harry’s chest and I could hear the faint thump of his heart. This was where I was supposed to be- here with Harry. He was perfect. I knew there was no one better than him.

Was this what it was like to be in love?

Harry sighed and I looked up at him. “What’s wrong?”

“This date is going to be hard to top.” He says with a straight face, but those words sent my heart soaring.

“So there is going to be a second date?” I smile up at him.

Harry chuckles. “And a third, and a fourth, and a fifth, and a sixth, and a seventh-”

“Wow,” I cut him off. “You must really like me.”

Harry kissed my forehead and took a deep breath. “You have no idea.”