Emily & Zayn

I downed another drink in one gulp and threw the plastic cup on the floor. The alcohol sent me in a buzz and I laughed loudly as I made my way into the dancing crowd.

I was having a good time, dancing with random lads and forgetting everything. I normally didn’t do this, but tonight I made an exception. Zayn and I had got into a fight today and I really didn’t want to think anymore. I had thrown on my most rebellious outfit and stormed out our flat. I had some friends who liked to party and they directed me here.

So here I was, drinking away my problems. Random boys were grabbing me but I didn’t protest. I just went with the flow of the group as the loud music pounded through the sound system.

My long dark brown hair was sticking to my exposed skin and I could feel my heavy makeup smudge. People all around me were pulling at my white tank top and luckily they were keeping away from my jean shorts.

I swayed to the loud rap music and closed my eyes, raising a hand over my head. Everyone was howling and slurring their words. I let out my inner partier as I danced my hardest and forgot about my life outside.

Rough hands grabbed my waist and I danced with the new boy as he got closer to me. I turned around to face him and his mouth was jammed in a straight line and his eyes had a spark of something in them. I could sense something off about him and I slowly backed away to dance with someone else.

He grabbed me tightly around the wrist and yanked me towards him. He was smirking now and he pulled me off the dance floor quickly. I stumbled behind me, confused at what he was doing. My drunken mind couldn’t process the danger and I allowed myself to be dragged behind me. I had no idea why he was opening an abandoned bedroom and why he shoved me inside.

The sound of the door closing behind me sent off major warning signals in my mind and I could feel my heartbeat picking up. What was he doing? Why was he getting closer?

He pushed me onto the small bed and I gasped as he climbed on top of me. He kissed my neck and I sobered up quickly. I tried to shove him off desperately, but he pinned my hands over my head. My adrenaline was coursing and I whimpered beneath him as he left a trail of kissed down my chest.

“Please,” I cried and he looked up at me angrily.

“I don’t want you to make a f*cking sound. If you f*cking talk I will kill you- understand?” He growled into my ear, his black eyes burning.

He kissed me again and I wanted to scream for help but I knew I couldn’t. I was trapped in a dark room with nowhere to go.

I just wanted Zayn to save me. All I could think about was Zayn. Please, Zayn. Please save me. I don’t want to be here anymore. I’m sorry for getting mad at you. I’m sorry for running out. I just want Zayn back.

I began to sob as the stranger tugged on my shirt.

“Stop,” I croaked quietly.

“Shut the f*ck up!” He yelled and I cowered back.

Zayn, please come! Zayn, I need you! Please, please, please, please, please!

I cried uncontrollably as I thought about Zayn. What would he think? Would he still love me after this? I knew I had to stay quiet if I ever wanted to see Zayn again.

The strangers breathe quickened and I lay shaking beneath him. Just stop. Please! Stop!

I started screaming in my head, but on the outside I was quiet. I wanted to kick and scratch and run, but I was immobilized with fear.

Suddenly, the door burst open and a staggering figure paused in the doorway.

“Oh, sorry mate.” He slurred and stumbled back. “Didn’t know there was anyone in here.”

I tried to catch the drunk’s attention, but the room was too dark we were probably just outlines to him. The stranger on top of me chuckled slightly.

“That’s alright. Just close the door, will ya?” His deep voice brought chills to my skin and I watched sadly as the bedroom door closed. He laughed cruelly and stared at the door for a couple of seconds.

As adrenaline coursed through me, I knew that this was my chance. If I was going to do it, it would be now. He was caught off guard and wouldn’t expect it.

I brought my knee up with extreme force and hit him in the crotch. He doubled over and fell of the bed with a loud thump. I ran out of the room and into the bright hallway; I sprinted through the packed room and pushed my way through the bodies.

Tears streamed freely down my face as I ran outside into the cool air. It was late and I had nowhere to go. I looked over my shoulder, hoping that he wouldn’t come after me.

I collapsed on the curb and sobbed. I wrapped my arms around my chest and cried into my chest. I didn’t want to think about anything. I just wanted Zayn. I needed him.

Shaking, I pulled my mobile out of my pocket and pressed 1. His number popped up and I carefully put the mobile to my ear. I couldn’t stop crying as he picked up.

“Are you okay?! You ran off and I didn’t know where you went and- oh my god- why are you crying, baby? What’s happened?! Where are you?!”

“I’m at Natasha’s house,” I cried into the mobile. “I need you to get me. Please, Zayn. I’m sorry I got mad. Just please come get me.”

“I’m coming.” He said quickly and hung up. I huddled up tighter into a ball and clenched my eyes shut. I tried to block it out, but I kept hearing his quick breathing and the way he growled in my ear. I kept remembering how it felt for him to sit on top of me and how he grabbed my hands so tightly. That was horrible.

I cried even harder in the dark, waiting for Zayn to come save me. I just wanted to see his tan skin, his beautiful golden eyes.

In the distance, I hear the loud rumble of a car speeding towards me. It stopped with a screech and I heard a car door open. I didn’t both looking up; I knew who it was and I was frozen in shock.

“Emily, I’m here. I’m here, baby girl.”He whispered quietly as he kneeled down next to my cowering body. I leaned against him and he wrapped his arms around me comfortingly. “Don’t worry. Everything’s okay.”

I cried into his jacket and he held me. I couldn’t tell him what happened- not now. Right now all I wanted was to be with Zayn and for him to hold me.

He knew me so well; Zayn didn’t ask any questions, he just scooped me up bridal style and brought me to the car. I wrapped my arms around his neck and quieted down. His presence calmed me and I could feel my heart slow down.

He put me down into the passenger side and draped his jacket around me. I leaned back and closed my heavy eyes. He climbed in beside me and turned on the car gently. The soft rumble began as he slowly pulled away from the house and drove towards our flat.

I could feel myself drifting off into a deep sleep and before I was completely knock out I felt Zayn brush my hair gently and whisper something to me.

“No matter what- I’ll be there for you. I’ll always love you, Emily.”