Simi & Zayn

I stared around at the unfamiliar bedroom as I slowly sipped my drink. The cold alcohol burned slightly as it slid down my throat, but the more I drank the less it bothered me.

My new roommate had dragged me to this party to celebrate the end of a semester; I didn't really enjoy parties- I'm actually quite shy despite my appearance. I like wearing boyish things, and people automatically presume that I'm a loud tomboy. They're right about me having a boyish style, but I'm nowhere near loud.

Today I was wearing my favorite sleeveless back shirt that had a midnight city printed on it. I had paired it with a pair of light wash shorts and my favorite black lace loafers. My long wavy brown hair was loose down my back and I was wearing just a swipe of brown eye shadow. I liked being simple in what I wore, seeing how my life was so complex.

A couple of years ago I had a boyfriend- absolutely wonderful lad- and he left me to persue his dreams. I couldn't really be mad at him for that, but I was still in love with him. He was so beautiful and sweet and kind. Everyone loved him, but he always chose to be alone with me. He liked the quiet and that's why we fit together so nicely.

And now he's off living the glamorous life with his four best mates and all I've had to do in the past two years was finish University. What I would give to see his face again-

The bedroom door swung open and a boy ran inside, breathing heavily. My breath caught, mentally begging him to turn around. His black hair and tan skin- it had to be him. How could he be here?

He turned around slowly to face me and when our eyes met my heart dropped. Why had he come here? Did he want to break my heart again?

"Zayn," I whispered as I looked at him. He was wearing a plain white shirt and jeans, what he always picked out when he was too lazy for thought. He was as perfect as ever.

He gave me a small wave and stepped forward. "I just popped back home to say hello to some old mates."

I cleared my throat and drew my eyes away from him. "You alright? You're kinda out of breath."

"Some girl just attacked me in the hallway. I ran. She reeked of alcohol."

I smiled. Same old Zayn- so afraid of closeness, especially with strangers. Did things ever change?

"Enjoying the girl attention?" I looked back over to him as he edged closer to me. To be so close to him felt weird. I had watched him on the tellie and heard about his band, but I had never imagined I would see him again.

Zayn sat down next to me on the bed. "I prefer to be alone. You know that, Simi."

"So you haven't had another girlfriend?" I kept my gaze away from him, trying to play it cool. "I saw something on the news."

"That was nothing." He answered quickly, turning to shyly face me.

"Oh," was all I could manage to say. I really wanted to ask him why he was here. If it was just a coincidence that he came into this room, why didn't he just walk back out and go to his mates? Why has he stayed here to talk to his ex?

"I still haven't found anyone that compares to you." Zayn whispered and I flinched. All he was doing was reopening old wounds. Didn't he know that? He would probably leave in the morning, or even tonight, going off into the world again. He was going to leave me again, and I knew better than to fall in love even more.

"Zayn, that was two years ago." I tried to sound cool and distant, but it was so hard with Zayn. I was still in love with him. I just wished that everything was how I was two years ago, before he left me.

"And not once did I forget you."

I sighed, my heart shattering and my chest tightening. I just wanted him to leave. I needed to get far away from him so that I could get over him. But I was constantly reminded of him with the news, radio, gossip on the street and my thoughts.

"You didn't come here to catch up with some old mates, did you?" I asked him, finally turning to look at him again. His brown eyes were soft and his hair was flattened. Why did I have to love him so much?

"No, I came to see you." His deep and heavily accents voice sent shivers down my back. Did he really mean that? Two years ago he couldn't stop telling me that he loved me. Then he left. And now he's back telling me all over again.

"If I recall correctly, you were the one to end it between us. You were the one that left." I told him bitterly. I hoped that, if I was harsh enough, he would leave me. I knew it would hurt me, but it needed to be done. I had to get over him.

"You have no idea how hard it was to leave you." He argued softy, his eyes searching mine for some forgiveness.

"You have no idea how much you broke my heart!" I yelled at him, tears stinging in my eyes.

"You have no idea how much I still love you."

Those few words made my heart feel like it was exploding. How could he do this to me? Why didn't he just find another girl? Why did he still have to love me- a shy girl from Bradford.

"Don't you do this to me, Zayn." I pointed an accusing finger at him, a single tear escaping. "I was just about to get over you and now you just had to waltz back into my life."

Zayn smiled and scooted closer to me. "You still love me, Simi?"

I couldn't lie to him- I never was able to. I opened my mouth to answer, but my voice caught. Instead, I nodded.

Zayn reached forward and wrapped his arms around me, kissing me deeply and passionately. I was shocked for a second, but I melted into his arms. It felt right to be with Zayn.

He pulled me down onto the bed and broke away from the kiss. "I'm never going to leave you again."

"Promise?" I frowned, hoping with all I had that he would stay with me.

Zayn grabbed my hips and pulled me close to his body. He looked hungrily into my eyes, his sweet breath washing over me.

"With everything I have."