18

Charm

I stepped out of the shower and noticed all of my missed FT calls. "Really David" I spoke to myself, when I was situated I called him back and I noticed he was standing outside.

"Wassup, whats the emergency?"

He turned the camera around showing my building. "Am I at the right place?"

I squealed and dropped my phone going downstairs to meet him, it seemed like the elevator wasn't moving faster enough. I met him and Kairi in the lobby and noticed all their bags which made me even more excited.

"You told me you wasn't gonna be here until later tonight." I hugged him then picked up Kairi hugging her too she giggled and held onto me.

"Yeah, well I wanted to get here a little earlier. So I caught a early flight."

"Well I'm glad you guys are here, let's go upstairs."

Dave

I looked around Ayana's new place and it was fit for a princess like herself. It was only two bedrooms which meant of course I'd have to sleep with her. I didn't think she would mind if she let us even stay.

"And this is the bathroom, just make yourself at home. Im not like that, I don't really care." She waved us off and Kairi sure did make herself at home, she brung a suitcase full of toys and I didn't care as long as she was occupied.

"So, you showed us everything but one place." I pulled her closer into me pecking her lips and she was turning red.

"What is that."

"Where daddy sleeping."

She let go of my grip and clapped her hands together. "Oh yes, I almost forgot."

We left out of the guest bathroom and back down the hall towards the kitchen and living area, I didn't notice any other rooms we must've passed her room, she stopped when we got to the living room and did jazz hands at the couch.

"Ta daaaaa."

"You joking right?"

"You joking right?"

"Of course I am." She laughed and did a turn on her bare heels and I followed her to what I figured was her room.

"It's cute."

"Well it's just me so I would take the compliment. How long you plan on staying?"

"Maybe two weeks. I still have these court follow up for Kairi you know."

"Yeah, how's that going?"

"Her Mom showed her face at the funeral, blaming me for what happened. But you know like I said, she wasn't even at the hospital that night. Nobody knew how Tasha really was, sad to say but I'm glad its over."

"And Kairi? Does she ever-"

"Ask where she is?" I nodded putting my head down. "Yeah, sometimes she cries for her."

"Hey, it's okay. You know somebody will come around." She patted my shoulder and I wanted to toss her in the air and tell her I wanted her to be the one to come around. Young girls man, they always think shit is temporary. I be wanting forever cause I'm not no hoe ass nigga. I'm about my word and I stay about it.