Chapter 9: I could stay here

"I'm only human"
Human, by Christina Perri

(WARNING! Weird gay talk and nasty puke scenes ahead. You have been warned!)
...💎...

I turned around to face the doorway and see who was standing there. It was a guy I haven't seen before. He had light brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. His jaw isn't as sharp as the other guys' I've met but still really attractive.

I realized he was talking to me and shook my head lightly. "I'm sorry. I spaced it. What were you saying?"

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Grace, trying to hold back a smile. She had to turn around and act like she was doing something because, she failed.

The guy chuckled and held out his hand. "I'm, Shane. I don't think we've met. I would remember a gorgeous face like yours." He said, winking after the last part.

I had to work hard to contain my blush. I took his hand and shook it. "Flattery gets you nowhere with me. I'm, Lily." I said, smiling lightly and trying not to laugh.

Of course flattery gets you somewhere with me. I never really get compliments unless its from Mama Bailey, Papa Bailey, or Nick.

Oh shut up. But I'd watch out with him. He smells like trouble.

"Really, Claire. Now is not the time for wise words." I mumbled to myself.

Shane, looked around the room. "Uh... Who's, Claire?"

I giggled. "No one you know."

Shane, looked at me strangely and I burst out laughing.

Earlier I told Grace, about Claire, so she started laughing with me. I was hunched over laughing and Grace, was on the floor. Shane's face was freaking priceless!

He cleared his throat, and we sobered up. "Uh. Well I saw your punch, and was really impressed. Do you have boxing experience or something?"

I looked at him like he was the crazy one. Grace answered for me. "No. I just taught her in the last hour. We need to do some conditioning and she'd probably be close to my level." Grace paused. "With lots of training I mean. Hell all of you boys are below me so she would have to work her cute ass off. But I mean with me training her, you get where I'm going, Shane."

Shane, nodded. "Yeah I do. Talk to, Will and Nick. If anyone could convince them it's you."

Grace looked lost in thought. "It would be easy with, Will. But Nick, is another story. He's extra protective over her."

I feel so out of the loop right now.

I do too. We can be confused skittle lovers together.

You are so weird. If I had eyes to roll I would be rolling them right now.

"I have faith you can do it. If Nick was a girl I'd work my magic, but he's not and that would be awkward as fuck." Shane said to Grace.

"Wow. The images I just got are really disturbing." Grace grimaced.

I have to agree that those images are disgusting.

"How do you know what gay sex is like?!" Shane, threw his hands up.

"Do I look like I'm ten? Why wouldn't I?" Grace asked crossing her arms over her chest.

Is this a bad time to be totally jealous of her boobs?

Yeah... Not a good time, Claire.

They continued to fight over this disturbing topic for fifteen minutes before I interrupted. "GUYS!" I yelled to get their attention.