Chapter 3: The Penthouse

"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations."

~Unknown

A/N: This quote doesn't fully go with the chapter but I like it. It kinda just goes with the book in general.

...💎...

I woke up to someone poking me. I groaned and tried to slap it away.

"Ouch! Lily, you just slapped my eye." I heard Nick say with a small groan.

I opened my eyes and he was so close I screamed slightly. Jumping up I did a ninja pose. "I like my space, Nick. You should know this by now!"

He chuckled at me, probably because I was still in a weird crane position. "Well you weren't waking up and I needed to tell you that we landed. So get your cute ass up and lets go."

Did he just call my ass cute?

Yeah... Yeah he did. So now we can shamelessly call him sexy.

Claire, that's not how it works. He is still my best friend. I bet he meant it in like a... brotherly way.

(A/N: I have a brother and he always told me I had a cute ass. Probably not normal but he's his own kind of special. lol. Ok carry on.)

Yeah. Because brothers compliment ones ass. Totally normal.

"How is it possible that you have sarcasm? You're not supposed to have a personality!" I stated throwing my hands up dramatically.

Nick looks around with a puzzled look, "Me?" He asks pointing to himself.

I am my own kind of special! Besides. How do you know I should't have a personality? Do you have any other voices besides me?

"No I don't... Touché, Claire. Touché."

Nick stood there looking at me skeptically, "Um... Ok you need coffee because I think you are hallucinating."

I jumped up clapping my hands, "I LOVE COFFEE! Take me away." I said dramatically falling against him so he will carry me.

Nick sighed before putting one hand under my thighs and the other on my waist. He lifted me up bridal style and I put my arms around his neck grinning up at him.

He looked down at me from the corners of his eyes and I saw a small smile spread across his face.

...💎...

NICKS POV:

💎💎💎

I looked down at her and she was smiling up at me. She's so damn cute, I couldn't help but give a small smile of my own.

I need to stop calling her cute and saying I love her craziness. She deserves someone so much better than me. I am not good anymore.

"So where are we going from here?" She asked. Her green eyes sparkling in the sun.

I sat her in the passenger seat of my car, and walked around to the drivers side before I answered. "Well I have a penthouse in downtown LA. I figured we would stop for a coffee on the way."

I had the luggage sent down to my house so I buckled my seatbelt and started to drive. It was pretty early in the morning because we flew down from Canada. It's weird being in the states even though I come here often.

"That sounds good. Are we getting Starbucks?" She asked, turning her small body to look at me.

"Yeah I think it's on the way so it will be the easiest. We will explore later or tomorrow if that's good with you." I kept my eyes on the road because if I looked at her for to long my thoughts always started to wander.