Chapter 3: An Unethical Feeling

Max and I have been both hanging out and getting along a lot since he's changed. We would sit on the couch and watch shows like "Fresh Prince", "Drake & Josh", "Catfish", "Family Feud" and our personal favorite "Friends". At school, we also have mutual friends. I made friends with a girl named Cherry, who's close friends with a dude Max made friends with-Oyster (I know, weird name). We also made friends with a guy in our Honors Math class named Evan. He's a bit of a nerd; the old Max would've roasted him day by day. All 5 of us hang out regularly either at school, the mall, Hiddenville Park or our houses. It took a while for our parents to let us bring them to OUR house though, because Dad's #1 rule used to be: "NO NON-SUPES IN THE HOUSE". He didn't wanna risk our powers being exposed to anyone in the outside world, when really he only had to worry about Billy and Nora; they're the ones who aren't 100% responsible with their powers. However, (the new) Max and I are the total opposite when it comes to that.

Anyway, we eventually convinced Mom and Dad to lift that rule by inviting our friends over one night to hang out WITHOUT using our powers; even our younger siblings (surprisingly) controlled themselves! Granted that one night was just a studying get-together and we didn't really watch TV, play games or anything like that but we got the rule lifted, our MAIN goal; so mission accomplished!

Max and I also were in relationships. He was dating a girl in our after-school "Green Teenz (yes with a 'Z')" club named Allison, and I was dating a guy who went to another school 10 minutes away from Hiddenville High-Link. We first met at Splatburger, a local restaurant (barely), and he's a low-key supe as well! Wouldn't you know it? He has elastic powers; he can stretch his arms out as hella long as he wants. Sometimes all four of us would double date at Splatburger or other various places.

In the beginning of both of our relationships, everything was just dandy. But then things started going a bit downhill. Link became hella clingy and Allison started being too aggressively demanding for Max to handle. One time I overheard her yelling at Max in the living room about a Solar System project they were working on. "That Big Red Spot on Jupiter is TOO small, Max!" I heard her say. "If we want that A+, we gotta make EVERYTHING perfect, do you hear me?!" She was so angry, she had me shaking from afar. I don't know who scares me the most...her or Nora.

One Friday morning, Max and I were in the kitchen talking about both of our relationship problems. We were trying to think of ways to break up with our significant others, but I didn't wanna hurt Link's feelings and Max didn't want Allison to hurt him. The rest of the family were in the living room, but we didn't pay attention to what was going on in there until we heard everybody cheering. Max and I went to the living room to see what all the commotion was about. Needless to say, it was our WORST nightmare!

Everyone was cheering because they discovered that Nora was finally tall enough to go to an amusement park in Metroberg called "Amazingland" to ride the scariest ride ever-Thunder Man: The Ride! "I'm so happy, Billy!" Nora told him. "We can FINALLY have our first ride together!" "I know!" Billy said with the upmost excitement. "I've been waiting for this for a long time!" "This is great, guys!" Dad said to our younger siblings. "Come on guys, let's get ready!" Mom added, with Dad, Billy and Nora following her upstairs.

Max and I just stood there in fear; we were hella terrified! Yes, it's true guys. The Thunder Twins are afraid of an amusement park ride. When we were ten, we went on that ride with Mom and Dad...and we did not like it even one bit. And come to think of it, I believe the one and only time Max and I actually hugged back when he was evil was that particular day, because we were so damn scared after getting off that ride we held each other tight, repeating simultaneously, "Never again, never again!" As a matter of fact, we did the exact same thing thinking about that flashback. We held on to each other, shaking in our pajama pants, repeating, "Never again, never again!"