Chapter 7: Max Gets Kidnapped

The next day, it didn't get bad until the evening. We had a regular school day and a run-of-the-mill training session when we got home in the afternoon. After the training session, Max headed for Oyster's house to play some basketball; and let's just say Oyster's house at 5pm was the wrong place and wrong time for my twin brother that day. I was watching TV and eating popcorn in the living-room and then Cherry called me. "Hey Cherry, what's up?" I answered. Sounding very worried and terrified, she replied, "Phoebe, your brother has just been kidnapped by 2 goons in ski masks!" "What?!" I said. "Yeah, and he just got thrown into a dark black van that had the letters 'V.L.' on the side of it!"

When she said "V.L.", my heart started beating really fast. That stood for "Villain League", the clique that Max almost became part of before he stopped being evil. But the leader, Dark Mayhem, was killed by Max-along with the Villain League headquarters. So whoever was next in line to run V.L. (I guess according to Dark Mayhem's will) decided to rebuild the headquarters and probably move it to a new, secure and hidden location. And this unknown successor must want revenge on my brother/boyfriend! "I just left after-school tutoring (she's failing math MISERABLY), and the second I walked outside I saw Max walking on the sidewalk with his earbuds in, minding his own business. And then the goons came out of nowhere and sprayed him in the face with something that knocked him unconscious before throwing him in the van!"

Oh no, I thought. I had to go save my brother from the Villain League before they possibly kill him like he did to Dark Mayhem. But since Cherry witnessed this, she was gonna have various questions on her mind and I had to tell her our family secret to both answer the questions before she even asks them and keep her from getting the feds involved, the latter of which she almost was gonna do after she explained what she just saw happen to Max. "I'll call the police," Cherry insisted. "Wait no, don't!" I begged to her. "Why not?" she asked curiously. I just had to rip the bandage off quick because it was only a matter of time before Max was most likely gonna die from Malvexium or any other unknown, albeit deadly substance.

I told her everything, briefly but to the very last detail. I HAD to tell her at some point, and what better time than now? After all, she's my bestie! I thought it would be very hard (or damn near impossible) for her to believe, but after just witnessing Max's predicament she was 100% convinced! "Wow!" she exclaimed. "Yeah, so don't get the police involved!" I instructed her. "This is a superhero's job; stay right there and let me get my supersuit. You're coming with me to Metroberg to see your super bestie in action!" "Yay!" Cherry replied in excitement. "See you in 10 minutes!" I told her before I hung up, and then I went upstairs to my room to change into my supersuit. Once I got my supersuit on, I grabbed my cape and started tearing up because I thought about the day Max finally became good and I used my cape to wipe his tears when he broke down crying. I snuggled it for a few seconds before I put it on and said to myself, "Don't worry, Max; I'll be there soon to save you."

My family were all in their respective bedrooms. I didn't want to tell them that Max was in trouble, because I wanted to handle this on my own. I just yelled to them that I was going with Cherry to the mall for a little while. They all replied ok, and then I headed out the front door with my jetpack on. Just like that, I blasted off to the school to pick up Cherry. Once I got there, two other people were with her-Oyster and Evan!

NOTE: HEY GUYS, SORRY FOR TAKING SO FREAKING LONG AGAIN. I'VE BEEN GOING THROUGH A LOT IN THE LAST MONTH BECAUSE WE'VE BEEN SHORTHANDED AT MY JOB AND I'M GOING THROUGH FAMILY ISSUES; I'M BASICALLY OVERWHELMED WITH SO MUCH CRAP RIGHT NOW! THIS UPCOMING WEEKEND WILL BE THE FIRST WEEKEND SINCE MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND WHERE I'M OFF WORK. AND IT'S ALSO THE FIRST TIME SINCE MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND WHERE I'M OFF FOR 2 DAYS IN A ROW! LOL YEAH, WE'RE HELLA SHORTHANDED; THERE WERE TIMES IN THE PAST MONTH WHERE I WAS SCHEDULED TO BE OFF FOR 2 DAYS STRAIGHT, BUT I HAD TO COME IN ON ONE OF THEM EACH TIME! BUT I'M GONNA STAY OFF THIS UPCOMING WEEKEND TO TAKE CARE OF CHAPTER 8 AND GET THAT DONE. IF I'M LUCKY, I'LL PROBABLY GET CHAPTER 9 OUT OF THE WAY AS WELL, BUT WE'LL CROSS THAT BRIDGE WHEN WE COME TO IT. IN THE MEANTIME, PLEASE BARE WITH ME! I WANT THIS ENTIRE STORY COMPLETE JUST AS MUCH AS YOU GUYS DO. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY CHAPTERS I AM GOING TO DO, BUT BEST BELIEVE THAT THIS STORY IS FAR FROM OVER. HOPEFULLY BY SUNDAY NIGHT (JUNE 24TH), CHAPTER 8 WILL BE COMPLETE AT THE BARE MINIMUM, SO BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR THAT. THANKS FOR BOTH THE LOVE FOR MY STORY AND THE PATIENCE FOR ME TRYING TO GET IT DONE!