Chapter 9: Saving Max Part II-Secret Revealed & The Plan

The 2 girls that came out were my mortal enemies from high school: Madison (who I mentioned earlier) and Veronica-a bitch whose solo spot in the school choir Max help me sabotage by screwing up her Math homework to make her fail so I could take the solo spot; she was trying to psyche me out! I couldn't believe that these 2 skunk bags were in cahoots with King CRAP...and that they freaking know my superhero secret! "Phoebe and friends..." K.C. started. "I believe you all have met my daughters-Madison and Veronica." "Daughters?!" Cherry exclaimed, just as shocked as I was. "Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO!" I said in a vulnerable tone. "Oh my Gurd, Phoebe! Surprised much?" Madison mocked. "You, your twin brother and your friends are all going dow-how-how-how-own!" Veronica sang tauntingly. "This is what you get for taking my solo spot. It was mine, not yours!" I was at a complete loss of words; these 2 skanks were a super villain's DAUGHTERS! I didn't know how the hell to fathom all of this. My heart was beating at the fastest pace imaginable, and I was still scared about the unknown predicament these 3 put my brother in; God only knows what they did to him!

"What did you guys do to with Max?" I asked in a tone that was a mixture of both anger and fear. "Yeah!" Oyster said. "We had plans to play basketball at my house this afternoon!" I sighed in annoyance and shook my head. "Ignore him," I advised. "What happened to Max?!" King Crab walked over to a door, evilly snickering and rubbing his hand-well, one hand and one claw. "Let's just say, Phoebe, that Max is just 'hanging' around!" He opens the door to reveal Max LITERALLY hanging by a chain, over a vat of like 5,000 freaking hermit crabs! "Help me!" my poor, frightened brother cried out. I low-key wanted to cry too, seeing him in this situation. "Oh my God, let him go!" I commanded King Crab. "I'd be willing to let your twin go...on a few conditions," K.C. said. "W-what is it?" I asked, nervously stammering. "I'll let my beloved Madison explain."

Madison approached me face-to-face with a snotty-ass grin. I swear to God I was gonna punch her in the damn face if she were to lay a finger on me! She had her cell phone out, repeatedly tapping it on her chin. "Phoebe, do you recall where you were at yesterday at around noon...and with whom?" she asked me. Uh-oh, I said to myself. "Uh, what are you talking about, Madison?" I asked her in response. "Maybe this picture that I took of you and Max will jog that memory of yours!" She shoved her phone in my face, showing me a picture of my brother and I behind the Auditorium curtains...doing the both unthinkable, and most importantly, unethical-KISSING!

That's what I was telling you about earlier, how and why the (supposedly) hiding spot Max and I were occupying the day before would damn near screw us over down the line. Madison evidently spied on us and took a picture of us locking lips! I was SO freaking embarrassed that I was speechless once more. I couldn't even make eye contact with my friends standing behind me. Now I knew how Max felt the day he finally became good, when he started breaking down and he couldn't even look at his superhero fam in the eyes. "Phoebe, is that you and your twin brother...MAKING OUT?!" Cherry asked, sounding low-key horrified. "My mind is blown!" Oyster said. "Holy crap!" Evan uttered. "That's right, dorks; Phoebe and Max are engaging in incest!" King Crab said. "And in order for us to let your brother go, you have to do these 3 things: 1, let Veronica take your solo spot in the choir, 2, you and Max become our high school servants by carrying our books, doing our homework, cleaning our lockers, etc., and 3, the whole Thunderman family become our father's minions for the rest of your soon-to-be miserable lives!" Madison said. "And if you don't abide by these rules," Veronica chimed in, "the hermit crabs will devour Max and that picture gets shown to the WHOLE student body of Hiddenville Hi-i-i-i-" "Ok, I get it; damn!" I yelled. "Look, how about I just let you guys tell everyone at school about my superhero double life?" I suggested. "And make you more popular than US?! As if!" Madison said. "We'll give you a few minutes to think about it...because we're aware that it's basically a lose-lose situation," King CRAP pointed out. "But until then," Veronica said, pulling out small device with a red button that she pressed right after pulling it out. Pressing that red button lowered Max an inch closer to the vat full of hermit crabs. "Oh my God!" Max yelled out in fear. King Crab laughed evilly as he walked out of the room with both of his daughters following him.