Chapter 6: Ball And Chain Broken

That same day in the afternoon, all systems were a-go for our break-up plan. Link, Allison, Max and I all went on a double date at Splatburger (as usual). The boys ordered for us like gentlemen; Link ordered me the pepperoni and Canadian bacon pizza I liked, and Max ordered Allison the veggie burger she craves more than I do the pizza. Link ordered spaghetti for himself and Max ordered a chili cheese dog (yeah, he loves those too). I know he ordered that in particular as part of the plan to disgust our significant others because he winked at me after he ordered it, and I winked back with a devilish grin.

I also took Max's suggestion on setting my ringtone as a farting sound. I set it in a way to make the sound every 5 seconds; my smart phone is now a FART phone. Wouldn't you know it? Max had a large-ass cup of Sprite, so along with that hot dog, he was preparing himself to burp like hell! He was gonna do it on command, but I guess he wanted to make it more realistic. Once we were done eating, it was time for the Thunder Twins to sicken our soon-to-be ex-baes!

"Well, that was delish-(BURP)" my twin brother belched hella loudly. "Max! Have some freaking manners!" Allison scolded with a very stern voice and serious look. "Yeah, Max!" I added, pretending to be mutually pissed at him. "This is your girlfriend, for God's..." My phone made the fart noise right on time as I leaned over, my ass facing Link and me making a low-key constipated face. "Ahhh..." I pretended to sigh in relief. "Phoebe, what the hell?!" Link said, shocked. "That's just how the body works, baby," I replied, right before I did it again. "It is really unladylike to do that, Phoebe!" Allison said. "You are correct, sweet pea," Max told her. "It's MANlike!" After that, he belched for the 2nd time right in her face as she squinted in disgust. I tried so freaking hard not to burst out laughing hysterically when he did that; luckily, I was able to contain myself. I "farted" again 7 more times, making Link very uncomfortable. "Oh, dear God," he said shuddering.

"What's wrong, boo? You act like you've never met a girl who farts," I said while my brother low-key snickered. "Uh, Phoebe, baby," Link said very nervously, "I don't think that this relationship is working out because you, and evidently your brother are both gross as hell!" Trying not to make it sound so forced, I put my hand over my heart pretending to be shocked, and said, "What ever do you mean, Linky Winky?" "I mean we should see other people," he answered while gagging. He got up and ran away out of Splatburger fast. Max belched one more time, and that was the last straw for Allison. "Yeah Max, I think we're done too!" she insisted, extremely disgusted as she ran out as fast as Link. "But Ally Wally, you're my bae!" Max yelled as she ran like hell to the exit, also trying not to sound so forced. "Not anymore!" Allison replied from afar. Laughing hysterically afterwards, Max and I fist-bumped each other. "We did it!" Max said. "We certainly did, Max!" I excitedly replied. "I didn't have to break Link's heart and Allison didn't have to break your bones; we're free!" We wanted to hug and kiss each other, but we were obviously in public and both of our breaths smelled like Splatburger, but the second we got home that afternoon we were minty fresh and (privately) locking lips in my bedroom. Thank God I have a lock on my door!

We enjoyed the rest of the day at home with our Thunderfam with a bit of superhero training, pizza for dinner from Wong's Pizza Palace (another kick-ass food joint in Hiddenville) and watching "Frozen" on DVD. So I presume that you believe all of that was an implication of things being smooth sailing? For that particular evening, yes, but the next day was a COMPLETELY different ball game. Grab some popcorn, because it's about to get both juicy and intense!